Problems getting movie to go on cd

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I have tried every thing to get movie maker to put my movie on cd but it gives me an error message that says something like movie maker does not detect a burner on my computer. My computer came with a dvd burner. I tried to do what they say to do on the web site but none of that works. I have even un-installed and re-installed the program to see if that would help, it does not. I also can not save my movie on the hard drive as a mpeg so that I can get another program to burn it to the cd. What can I do?

The saving to cd routine seems to be for creating a disc in HighMat (format) Technology only (it still saves file as a wmv.) ....not just saving a certain quality movie file. Highmat is useless at present. there are few commercial dvd player capable of using a highmat cd. Here's what I do.
I save the movie file to the hard drive in the range of quality that I need (usually 1.5 mbps NTSC) I then use my cd burning software (easy media 7) to burn it on to a cd. I also use a program called Auto Run Assistant to create a self starting routine for the movie so the user just has to pop it in a computer and it starts itself.
My CD burning function doesn't work in MM2 either.
You can use smaller compression ratios to get more movie on a CD than 1.5 mbps and still get great quality for local playback. Just experiment some.
You have to use a seperate program for converting files to mpg1 or mpg2. I use Video Wave and Boilsoft Converter to convert files. There are l;ots of commercial or free converters out there. see papa john's or john Kelly's websites for the freebie file names. That info is all over this board. sorry I don't have the links.

Hope this helps
Randypc

just wanted to know if you found any solution for this
issue even i'm facing the same problem please sed your
remedy if you got one thanks
-----Original Message-----
I have tried every thing to get movie maker to put my
movie on cd but it gives me an error message that says
something like movie maker does not detect a burner on my
computer. My computer came with a dvd burner. I tried
to do what they say to do on the web site but none of
that works. I have even un-installed and re-installed
the program to see if that would help, it does not. I
also can not save my movie on the hard drive as a mpeg so
that I can get another program to burn it to the cd.
What can I do?

Movie Maker uses the built-in CD recording functionality of Windows XP. In order to use this, recording must be enabled for the drive. In virtually all cases where CD burning won't work, recording isn't enabled. This is true even when other burning applications (like Roxio or Nero) have access to the drive. To verify whether your CD burner has recording enabled:
1) Open Windows Explorer (Ctrl+E on the keyboard)
2) Expand My Computer
3) Right click on the CD drive and choose properties
4) Click the Recording tab
5) Check the box next to Enable CD recording on this drive

After completing these steps, return to Movie Maker and your CD should burn.

--
Jake Ludington
http://www.jakeludington.com

Author: Easy Digital Home Movies
http://www.jakeludington.com/edhm

I went to my computer and right clicked on both the cd drives, mine doesn't
have a recording tab. What should I do now?

Back