Problem with windows services created through .Net

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Hi guys/gals

I had created a service in .Net. The name of the service is VCSService.exe. This VCSService.exe is in turn is calling another exe called as VCSFiles.exe. The exe VCSFiles.exe is displaying the windows DOMAIN NAME and the USER NAME of the system. I am running windows 2000. Let us say my DOMAIN NAME is "SEMANITCINDIA" and the USERNAME is "hitesh vibhakar". The same result i am able to get when i execute my VCSFiles.exe directly. But when i am calling this exe through my service ie. VCSService.exe, it is displaying the DOMAINNAME as "NT AUTHORITY" and USERNAME as "SYSTEM". During the creation of my service, the account type, i had specified is "LOCAL SYSTEM" and my service is an interactive service
So what is the reason for this problem. ie. why my service is showing the different domain name and username ? as it is affecting my further manipulation in the VCSFiles.exe. Plz provide a solution regarding this problem at the earliest.

Hi Hitesh

"NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" is the built-in domain/username for the local system account

Regards, Jakob.

Back