Problem with java etc. since last W Update

  • Start date Start date

Hi all,
Maybe someone has tackled this already but I haven't seen it here. Since
installing the April 12 updates, IE 6 (XP service pack 2) has been crashing
when I click on javascript links, chat rooms, internet banking etc. I used
system restore which gets around the problem, but there must be another way
that allows me to install the updates. I'd be delighted if anyone can help.
Many thanks, John

Hi,
Some possibilities:

Check any third-party security programs to see if one of them is blocking
javascript, scripts, scripting, active content.

Go to Internet Options> Security> Internet Zone, set it to Default.

Clear the IE cache. IE> Tools> Internet Options> General> Delete
files (and delete offline content when that dialog pops up) It's often
recommended that the TIF folder be kept at about 50 MB (Settings.)

Try these two commands from Start> Run> cmd [enter]
regsvr32 vbscript.dll [enter]
regsvr32 jscript.dll [enter]

Reinstall the JavaScript engine. Go to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
for the appropriate download.

Since you mentioned banking sites:
870700 - How to troubleshoot problems accessing secure Web pages with IE 6
[XP] SP2: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870700

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"irish_dew" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

fixs did not work for me. when link does't open new window I found that if i
open another window then go back to other window click on link that opens new
window then right click on blank window the new one pops up

Back
Top