Problem embedding and resizing pictures in an email

G

I prefer to imbed pictures in the text of my emails rather than to attach them, and I usually shrink the size of them by clicking on them to change the cursor to the two headed arrow, and then dragging the resulting box to the size I want. This is a good way of decreasing the information sent and enabling the email to be sent faster. My problem is that now that I have downloaded hotbar and updated outlook, I cannot do this anymore.

I can still insert the picture, but now when I attempt to shrink the picture, I can make it smaller on the screen but no matter the size the file is still as large as if I had not shrunk it from the original. ???? This is a big pain, because now a picture that would have shrunk to 20kb or so, is now remaining at 805kb, far too large for me to send on my slow connection

There is another difference when inserting pictures, I used to click on insert-picture-from file. Now I click on insert-picture and it doesn't give me a menu but goes directly to a popup window with "browse". That's fine and I can still get my picture that way, but then the resulting problem is that I cannot resize the file when it is retrieved. ????? I think this must be a strange thing about the newest update.

Does anyone else notice this change with the latest update for outlook 2002 sp3 (xp)? Anyone know the solution

R

Roady [MVP]

You've disabled Word as you e-mail editor then. Enable it again by choosing
Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures
-Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3

Ask a Question