Popup form positioning

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I'm battling with screen positioning of two popup forms in my app. Whenever I deploy a new front-end MDE it seems these popups always shift position on the screen for the user. It's very frustrating. Even if I reposition them after deployment, they don't always stay put. Is there a way to make them stay in the same place on the screen no matter what, or at least in relation to the main form that they display on top of

ctda

I'm battling with screen positioning of two popup forms in my app. Whenever I deploy a new front-end MDE it seems these popups always shift position on the screen for the user. It's very frustrating. Even if I reposition them after deployment, they don't always stay put. Is there a way to make them stay in the same place on the screen no matter what, or at least in relation to the main form that they display on top of?

ctdak

Code the Open event of the form:
DoCmd.MoveSize 4*1440, 3*1440

The above will always position the form 4 inches from the right edge
and 3 inches from the top.

The measurement is in Twips (1440 per inch).

Thanks so much Fred. That was exactly what I needed

One small note - I see from VBA help that you meant 4 inches from the left edge, not the right edge. It's confusing that the argument is called "right" when it's measured from the left edge

ctda

----- fredg wrote: ----

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:36:02 -0700, ctdak wrote
I'm battling with screen positioning of two popup forms in my app. Whenever I deploy a new front-end MDE it seems these popups always shift position on the screen for the user. It's very frustrating. Even if I reposition them after deployment, they don't always stay put. Is there a way to make them stay in the same place on the screen no matter what, or at least in relation to the main form that they display on top of

Code the Open event of the form
DoCmd.MoveSize 4*1440, 3*144

The above will always position the form 4 inches from the right edg
and 3 inches from the top

The measurement is in Twips (1440 per inch)

Back