populating multiple tables

  • Start date Start date

I have one form and in that form there is a field where a user enters a number.

What I want is the field to be tied to 2 tables so when the user enters the
number it will get populated in my "home" table and my "people" table.

I realize this is redundant but I still need to be able to do this.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Sean

If your form is bound to one of the tables, getting the data into that table
is trivial. I'd look at using the Before Update or After Update events to
add the data to the second table after you've entered it into your control...

Of course, at the time the data is entered you'll have to make sure you know
*exactly* where in the second table you need to put the data - that is, you
either have to know the record that needs to be updated or if you are to
create a new record. Since this second table will not be bound to the form
you will have to think out how you do this update (or insert) pretty
carefully.

Using a relational database and properly drawing links to the various
tables, you should not need this in more than one table.

"populating multiple tables" <populating multiple
news:[email protected]...

Back
Top