Pop ups and child windows

  • Start date Start date

Just transitioned to Win XP Pro SP2 and have IE 6.0. My problem is that
certain sites I wish to see the pop ups. I set it to allow these sites, but
now when I go there and click on a link, the pop up or child windows appear
for a nanosecond then seemingly disappear! Is there some setting I have
missed? Why can I not see these new windows?

Thanks for any and all help, I am going crazy trying to figure this out!

Hi,
Are you sure that you don't have another pop-up blocker working?
Maybe Yahoo Companion, Google toolbar, something from your ISP?

Hope this helps,
Don

Nothing at all like that. Nothing from my ISP...and I had this problem
before I installed my antivirus (Panda Antivirus Platinum 7.0). In fact, I
never did like pop-up blockers because they generally block even the things I
prefer to see, but man, this is a major problem for me. It's a pain to have
to use my girlfriend's computer to print out shipping labels from PayPal just
because she still has Win98SE. Is there nothing I can do?

Jay

Jayson said:
Nothing at all like that. Nothing from my ISP...and I had this
problem before I installed my antivirus (Panda Antivirus Platinum
7.0). In fact, I never did like pop-up blockers because they
generally block even the things I prefer to see, but man, this is a
major problem for me. It's a pain to have to use my girlfriend's
computer to print out shipping labels from PayPal just because she
still has Win98SE. Is there nothing I can do?

Jay

What other antispyware/antivirus type programs are you running?

I am running Ad-Aware SE Plus, but I don't keep the "AD Watch" on because it
annoys me. :)

Jay

--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

Jayson the XP novice said:
I am running Ad-Aware SE Plus, but I don't keep the "AD Watch" on because
it
annoys me. :)

Jay

Hi Jay , it annoyed me as well, anyway i've switched to TDS3 now .
I would still make sure the setting within Adwatch
to "block popups aggressively" is unchecked because it may just be the
cause. P.S run internet explorer and press F11 , it should give full screen
mode but in my case IE shut down so that would confirm it.

Can the IE pop-up blocker be turned off from IE> Tools? Will it allow those
windows to open if disabled? It might help to have only one IE window open
when making this change.

Don
--

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
Are you sure that you don't have another pop-up blocker working?
Maybe Yahoo Companion, Google toolbar, something from your ISP?

Hope this helps,
Don
"Jayson the XP novice" <JaysontheXPnovice[at]discussions.microsoft.com>
Just transitioned to Win XP Pro SP2 and have IE 6.0. My problem is that
certain sites I wish to see the pop ups. I set it to allow these
sites,
but
now when I go there and click on a link, the pop up or child windows appear
for a nanosecond then seemingly disappear! Is there some setting I have
missed? Why can I not see these new windows?

Thanks for any and all help, I am going crazy trying to figure this
out!

Back
Top