pop-up repost

  • Start date Start date

I keep getting a strange popup (see poopup below). It is a 1x1 window that
says member, login, password, depending on the page. Not all the time. I
have tried tracking the originating source with netstat, but haven't had any
success tracking that down. right click does not do anything. I have run
virtually every spywar/adware/virous program that is freeware. I have win98
so the Microsoft program is not available. Nothing seems to show on Control
Panel/Addremove programs or after Contrl/Alt/Del. Anyone have any ideas of
how to get rid of this thing?

Hi,
If you want to do some more exploration, try these two freeware programs.
One of them may help you find this (probably) malware.
Process Explorer from
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml
Silent Runners from http://www.silentrunners.org/sr_thescript.html

Or... read this message http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=4075 Then go
to http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm Work through the preliminary cleaning
steps and post a HijackThis log to the forum at

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Steve" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

None of that worked. I will post a log at Hijackthis.

Thanks so much.

Steve

"Steve" wrote in message
I keep getting a strange popup (see poopup below). It is a 1x1 window that
says member, login, password, depending on the page. Not all the time. I
have tried tracking the originating source with netstat, but haven't had any
success tracking that down. right click does not do anything. I have run
virtually every spywar/adware/virous program that is freeware. I have win98
so the Microsoft program is not available. Nothing seems to show on Control
Panel/Addremove programs or after Contrl/Alt/Del. Anyone have any ideas of
how to get rid of this thing?

Back
Top