Please Help!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

First time for using this and i'm getting very frustrated. have read many questions with no clear understanding on how to solve my problem although it seems i'm not alone. I made a movie on MM1 and everything went smooth until i tried to burn it to a CD-R. I was able to burn about 1/3 of the movie then the picture freezes but the music keeps playing. I've burned it 5x now all in different settings and it does the same thing but will freeze at different pictures and some have gone farther than previous burns and some not as much burned on the CD? i also have tried saving it as a DV-AVI file to my computer and waited an hour then received an error message stated i didn't hav enough space or something like that and it stopped. am i using the wrong kind of disk? I really need help and have put a lot of time into this and don't want to start over. this is for my parents 50th anniverary which is next week. i'm running out of time fast!

Thanks!
Nora

Be calm! I know it is really frustrating sometimes. You may find the most help in upgrading your memory, becuase these kinds of programs take a lot of that! Also, make sure that MM is the only program running and maybe you could try to save a smaller version first. I always save the project to my computer first (usually the recommended best for my computer). Then, I use SonicDVD or Roxio Platinum to burn to a CD. However, I also have a second hard drive that I save it to, giving me more room. Are you trying to burn a DVD, or just save the Windows Media Player file to a CD? They are quite different concepts. If you are just trying to put the file on a CD, then you just need to drag the file onto a correctly formatted CD-R disk or burn a data CD (much like burning a music CD in Roxio). If you are trying to make a DVD, you need a blank DVD, the correct software, and a DVD burner.

-----Original Message-----
First time for using this and i'm getting very
frustrated. have read many questions with no clear
understanding on how to solve my problem although it
seems i'm not alone. I made a movie on MM1 and
everything went smooth until i tried to burn it to a CD-
R. I was able to burn about 1/3 of the movie then the
picture freezes but the music keeps playing. I've burned
it 5x now all in different settings and it does the same
thing but will freeze at different pictures and some have
gone farther than previous burns and some not as much
burned on the CD? i also have tried saving it as a DV-