PLEASE HELP

  • Start date Start date

tina SPEILBERG

PLEASE HELP

I am having a tough time importing data into the MS address book.

I have Win Me PC

I created a new folder and sub folders and tried to import addresses
( a text file) into the sub folders ..but the data shows up in the
Shared Contacts folder or somewhere else.

It either ends up in the main folders or shared folders but NOT in the
sub folders.

Can any one PLEASE HELP me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have a Windows Me PC. I am trying to use the MS address book that
came with the PC.

So the software is also probably the standard software that came with
the basic Windows Me package.

can any one please help ?

Does any one have any input on /experience with MS address book...good
? not so good ?

Thanks

Tina

Russ Valentine said:
This doesn't sound like Outlook. What email software are you using?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
tina SPEILBERG said:
PLEASE HELP

I am having a tough time importing data into the MS address book.

I have Win Me PC

I created a new folder and sub folders and tried to import addresses
( a text file) into the sub folders ..but the data shows up in the
Shared Contacts folder or somewhere else.

It either ends up in the main folders or shared folders but NOT in the
sub folders.

Can any one PLEASE HELP me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

You are talking about the Windows Address Book. Outlook Express is the
overlay for the Windows Address Book, not Outlook, so we wouldn't know
anything about it here. This is a group to support Outlook from the Office
group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a
quite different program despite its similar name..

You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an
outlook express news group.

Try posting in one of these newsgroups:

A good website for information on OE is:
http://www.tomsterdam.com/

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

tina SPEILBERG said:
PLEASE HELP

I am having a tough time importing data into the MS address book.

I have Win Me PC

I created a new folder and sub folders and tried to import addresses
( a text file) into the sub folders ..but the data shows up in the
Shared Contacts folder or somewhere else.

It either ends up in the main folders or shared folders but NOT in the
sub folders.

Can any one PLEASE HELP me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Back