Photo Paths

  • Start date Start date

Stephan

You said this in your last reply
"Remember you really should not store the full path rather only the filename. Simply set the path at runtime prior to loading the photos into an Image control.

How and where do I 'set the path at runtime'

See:
ACC2000: How to Display an Image from a Folder in a Form or in a Report
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;210100

--------------------
| From: "=?Utf-8?B?Tk1leCBSb24=?=" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Photo Paths
| Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:21:06 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.forms
|
| Stephan,

You said this in your last reply:
"Remember you really should not store the full path rather only the
filename. Simply set the path at runtime prior to loading the photos into
an Image control."

How and where do I 'set the path at runtime' ?
---------------------

Thanks again
Ron

The example given in the link you gave says to list the path and file name
"Open the tblImage table in Datasheet view, and then add the path and the name of a bitmap file to each record.

My post is asking for clarification of Stephan Schapel's advice:

-------------------
| From: "=?Utf-8?B?Tk1leCBSb24=?=" <[email protected]
| Subject: Photo Path
| Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:21:06 -080
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.form
|
| Stephan

You said this in your last reply
"Remember you really should not store the full path rather only the
filename. Simply set the path at runtime prior to loading the photos into
an Image control.

How and where do I 'set the path at runtime'
--------------------

Thanks again
Ro

As in the sample article, say you modify the code to:

Dim strImagePath As String
On Error Goto PictureNotAvailable
strImagePath = "C:\some path to a directory\"
strImagePath = strImagePath & Me.txtImageName
'......

You can pass the folder path to your sample code

Function SampleCode(MyFolderPath As String)

Dim strImagePath As String
'.... code as in the sample article
strImagePath = MyFolderPath & Me.txtImageName

Eric

--------------------

----- \"prabha\" wrote: -----

See:
ACC2000: How to Display an Image from a Folder in a Form or in a Report
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;210100

--------------------
| From: "=?Utf-8?B?Tk1leCBSb24=?="
<[email protected]>
| Subject: Photo Paths
| Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:21:06 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.forms
|
| Stephan,

You said this in your last reply:
"Remember you really should not store the full path rather only the
filename. Simply set the path at runtime prior to loading the photos
into
an Image control."

How and where do I 'set the path at runtime' ?

Thanks again
Ron

Back
Top