PC won't start porperly..............

Reaction score
I have a Windows XP and today is the 3rd day that I can’t seem to be able to get it to work. When I star up my pc, I don’t see anything; all I see is just my desktop background image and the mouse. I don’t see the start menu or the desktop icons. Please, please help me. I called Windows help desk but they charge $100 just to do a diagnostic! Your advised is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
feckit said:
Is the pc new?

No i have had it for about 3 years now. We have not made upgrades or changes to it. I Know the spyware and virus protection is up to date (not expired)! Please help me. thank you!

Last edited:

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hello

What spyware/anti-virus have you got???

Norton or Mcafee then get rid.

Download Superantispyware and run the free version of it.

Reaction score
For some of your icons try this

Goto desktop and rightclick. in menu choose properties/desktop/customise desktop

in the general section you shoudl see some options that need to be ticked. if they are not then tick them if they are then untick them click ok then apply. then go back in retick them ok then apply again

for your desktop again right click on desktop at top of that menu goto 'arrange icons' at the top of the bottom section make sure 'show desktop icons' is ticked

try that for now

Last edited:

Ask a Question