Pagefile question with System restore!

• Thread starter Thread starter Tom
  • Start date Start date
T

Tom

Hi,

I have 2gigs of PC3200 DDR SDRAM, and two 120 SATA HDDs.

HDD 1 - C:\ 45gig sys. partition, and 2nd partition D:\ Primary (work storage)

HDD 2 - E:\ Primary, 2.5gig partition w/Pagefile located on it, and F:\ Primary 117gig for personal storage

I have the pagefile set on the small partition (2.5 gigs as noted above) on the beginning of the 2nd drive, while leaving a small PF on the system drive on the 1st partition (2mg min, 50 max). The pagfile size on the 2nd drive is set for 150 min/900max, though with the RAM amount I have, I doubt it will really ever be used). My question is; can I safely turn off System Restore, and the Recycle Bin on the Pagefile partition (E:\) safely, or at least one without complication(s), or are these needed to be running on said location for system purposes?

Thanks,
Tom

Tom said:
Hi,

I have 2gigs of PC3200 DDR SDRAM, and two 120 SATA HDDs.

HDD 1 - C:\ 45gig sys. partition, and 2nd partition D:\ Primary (work storage)

HDD 2 - E:\ Primary, 2.5gig partition w/Pagefile located on it, and F:\ Primary 117gig for personal storage

I have the pagefile set on the small partition (2.5 gigs as noted above) on the beginning of the 2nd drive, while leaving a small PF on the system drive on the 1st partition (2mg min, 50 max). The pagfile size on the 2nd drive is set for 150 min/900max, though with the RAM amount I have, I doubt it will really ever be used). My question is; can I safely turn off System Restore, and the Recycle Bin on the Pagefile partition (E:\) safely, or at least one without complication(s), or are these needed to be running on said location for system purposes?

Thanks,
Tom

Yes you can. System restore should be turned off on the data only
partitions as well. It does nothing for data.

Tom said:

Yes certainly. I would only have Restore in action on the main drive
with System and with Programs; there is no point on having it on ones
with just data, as it does not deal in data files. Recycle Bin you
should of course have on data drives - and will do no harm if you have
it in with the page file for anything else you might use that partition
for.

Alex Nichol said:
Yes certainly. I would only have Restore in action on the main drive
with System and with Programs; there is no point on having it on ones
with just data, as it does not deal in data files. Recycle Bin you
should of course have on data drives - and will do no harm if you have
it in with the page file for anything else you might use that partition
for.

Thanks, Alex and Rock for your help :-).

Tom

Back