"Page cannot be displayed"

  • Start date Start date

jack g

I cannot get to a single website,(bmgmusic) this happened
this week for no known reason, I can get to any other
site I try. I have no idea what is wrong. All windows
updates current, cache,temp and cookies deleted, history
deleted, time and date correct. can someone PLEASE help.
To make a long story short I joined this music club a
year ago, and after my last order, they have sent it
multiple times and I need to get in touch with them to
see what's going on, and of course they have NO phone
number listed on the billing. Thanks ahead of time to all
the techies for your GREAT track record, you have helped
me more than once. Jack

Hi jack g :-)
I cannot get to a single website,(bmgmusic) this happened
this week for no known reason, I can get to any other
site I try. I have no idea what is wrong. All windows
updates current, cache,temp and cookies deleted, history
deleted, time and date correct. can someone PLEASE help.
To make a long story short I joined this music club a
year ago, and after my last order, they have sent it
multiple times and I need to get in touch with them to
see what's going on, and of course they have NO phone
number listed on the billing. Thanks ahead of time to all
the techies for your GREAT track record, you have helped
me more than once. Jack

You might try the following and see if it will help.

Can't Display Page

In Internet Explorer -
1. Tools > Internet Options > Advanced
2. Scroll down to the Security Settings.
3. Make sure that the two boxes are checked that say
"Enable SSL 2" or "Enable SSL 3".
Try your secure sites.

Another thing you can try is:
Go to start/run
Type in: regsvr32 softpub.dll
Press Enter or click OK

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813444
Troubleshoot Situations Where You Cannot Complete MSN Sign-up pr Connect to
SSL
Secured (128-Bit) Web Sites by Using Internet Explorer in Windows XP

Microsoft Troubleshooting site.
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/

or ...............

Check C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc for a file named HOSTS with no
extension. (Not Hosts.sam)
Make sure Windows is set to show hidden files and folders and is NOT set to
hide extensions for known file types.
If HOSTS exists, rename it to HOSTS.OLD
Reboot an try again.

Or, In a Cmd window, enter
ipconfig /flushdns
then clear your TIF also, and re-boot.

also try the information here..........

Page Cannot Be Displayed
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310731
(For DNS, 403 - Forbidden, 404 - File not found, 500 - Internal server,
503 - Service unavailable errors too)

"Page Cannot be Displayed" or "Timeout" Error Messages When Browsing the
Internet

Can't display page (Server or DNS error) or "Internet Explorer could not
open the search page"
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm#dns

Error message: The page cannot be displayed
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;241344

Hope this helps

Jan :)
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit.
Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.

How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us%3B310731
(For DNS, 403 - Forbidden, 404 - File not found, 500 - Internal server,
503 - Service unavailable errors too)

"Page Cannot be Displayed" or "Timeout" Error Messages When Browsing the
Internet

Can't display page (Server or DNS error) or "Internet Explorer could not
open the search page"
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm#dns

Error message: The page cannot be displayed
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;241344

Hope this helps

Jan :)
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit.
Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.

How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

.
This site always amazes me. JAN,,,,THANK-YOU Times 2.
The fix was to rename HOSTS file to HOSTS.OLD..YOU ARE
THE MAN. Now I can get those people at BMG to fix that
problem. The professional and courteous techs that make
this site are the unsung heros of the internet, as if I
went to the HP/Compaq site there answer is always the
same. Try doing a "full system recovery"

Again: Thanks a million Jan.............jack g.

Hi jack g. :-)
The fix was to rename HOSTS file to HOSTS.OLD..YOU ARE
THE MAN. Now I can get those people at BMG to fix that
problem. The professional and courteous techs that make
this site are the unsung heros of the internet, as if I
went to the HP/Compaq site there answer is always the
same. Try doing a "full system recovery"

Again: Thanks a million Jan.............jack g.

You're very welcome, Jack! Glad to hear you found the right cure. Good
job!! :-))

Thank you for posting back and letting us know what worked for you, for the
benefit of other readers who may have a similar problem.

(btw.....I'm a 'she' Jan.... ;=))) ...)

Jan :)
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit.
Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.

How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

LuckyStrike said:
"Jan Il" wrote in message

http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage12/1.gif
Duzzit matter? Do they care?... so long as you fixed it for 'em...
ROFLMAO!! zip!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

--
LS (you know I'm just kidding Jan? Right? Jan... hello... Jan?? you still
there???) <VBG>

LOL!!! Heh...and I would let you off the hook that easy!! ;=)))

But...no...it really does not matter, and I truly do appreciate Jack's
compliment very much. Jan *is* a gender neutral name, so, it is not
uncommon for folks in some parts of the world to think of it being a male
name. <VBG>

You hafta... it's ME! said:
But...no...it really does not matter, and I truly do appreciate Jack's
compliment very much. Jan *is* a gender neutral name, so, it is not
uncommon for folks in some parts of the world to think of it being a male
name. <VBG>

Jan :)
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

If you're a male, I'm...I'm.... Mickey Mouse!
And this is exactly why I just had to share a ROFLMAO with you. <vbs>

LuckyStrike said:
You hafta... it's ME! <grin>

Well......I *am* of a benevolent disposition.....most of the time... said:
If you're a male, I'm...I'm.... Mickey Mouse!
And this is exactly why I just had to share a ROFLMAO with you. <vbs>

L!!

Jan :)
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.