Outlook merge with access db

TLMM

I am wondering if it is possible to merge an access db with Outlook? I have
a db with a table containing contact info, one of the fields being Email. I
would like to be able to run queries on this db and select certain contacts
to email and have this done from Outlook. Can I do this?

Thanks.

TLMM

I have tried using Word to do this. It seems to create the doc, but is not
emailing it.

What data type should my email field be in the db - text or hyperlink?

Thanks

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

When you run the merge, you have 3 output choices -- document, email, or
print. Choose email. The field containing the email address must be a text
field.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

Martin Ball

I would like to do the same thing, to send currently held contact
details
of name, address, tel/fax no., etc. (all held in db), asking
recipients to check and reply with any corrections.

However, I would like to:
1. Use Outlook Express;
2. Not use Word - or at least not send message as attachment, which is
what I guess Word mail merge to e-mail does;
3. Use VBA (from Access) - will be regular process;
4. Bulk e-mail to hundreds of contacts held in db - is there any
limit?

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Word merge to email puts the Word text in the body of the message (unless,
of course, you want to send it as an attachment instead -- that's an
option). If you make OE the default email program, it should work (I've done
it at least once), but it works best with Outlook.

Any limit would depend on your ISP's bulk mail policy.

If you want to use VBA in Access, you might want to use CDO for Windows
objects to avoid security prompts. Or see
http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm for other approaches.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
When you run the merge, you have 3 output choices -- document, email, or
print. Choose email. The field containing the email address must be a text
field.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of