Outlook Backup Tool & Domains Help

Reaction score
I currently use the Outlook 2003 backup tool on my enterprise to remind users to backup their pst files. Otherwise, a hard drive smokes and its my fault. This way if they don't click the save backup & instead go for cancel, it's their fault.

I have a domain here at my main site. We just opened another site and it has its own domain. Not having experience with the backup tool, I have created a quandry for my users at the new site.

Four employees moved to the other site, so I joined them to the new domain. Now the backup utility
1. doesn't work
2. doesn't show up so I can uninstall it & reinstall it.

After talking to a few guys I know, they are under the impression that in order to make this work, I need to bring these 4 employees laptops back to our main site, join them to this domain again, login under that account, then uninstall the backup util. After this, return them to their new domain, rejoin them to that domain & install the backup util to make it work.

Does anyone know a way around these shenanigans? Is there a way to make the util work (which is great when it does work) under the new domain?

Thank you for the help.

rush5150

Ask a Question