only want user to add new records

Reaction score
I am using a basic form for data entry but I do not want the user to be able to access delete or view past records in any way, even if it was a record they had entered in the past.

I can't seem to do this. I changed data entry to Yes under the form's properties and this causes the form to come up blank every time it is opened. That's good but if i enter in a few sample records and then scroll up on the mouse I can go back to previous records.

I realize that there is also a record scroll think at the bottom of the form that gives the number of the record it is you are entering. Can i turn that off? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

So you basically want to just use the form to add records and not to be able to see any added records either.If this is the case, here is what you can do.

Go to the forms properties, select the "All" tab. In that you have to set some settings to "No"

Not to see the scroll buttons for the records, set
Record selectors to " No"
Navigation buttons to "NO"
(play with these settings to see if you get what you are looking for)

Not to allow the user to delete or edit the form, Set

Allow edits to "No"
Allow deletions to "NO"

Hope this is what you are looking for..

Last edited:
Thanks a lot that worked! However now i realize I have another problem. If I fill in a few fields but close out the form before hitting add record an incomplete entry is entered based on the one or two fields I entered. How do I fix this?

Back