Ole data type

  • Start date Start date

John

I am putting in picture files in my database. I am maxed
out on size with only 22,000 records. I went to the
northwind sample database and looked at the employees
form code but I find it very complex. Isn't there an
easier way to link to files for a field and not embedd
them so the database could be much smaller.

Please help,
John

Hi John,

Here's a simple solution to follow:

How to display an image from a folder in a form or in a report in Access
2000 (210100)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;210100

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support
(e-mail address removed)
"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

| From: "John" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "John" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Ole data type
| Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:22:55 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.forms
|
| I am putting in picture files in my database. I am maxed
| out on size with only 22,000 records. I went to the
| northwind sample database and looked at the employees
| form code but I find it very complex. Isn't there an
| easier way to link to files for a field and not embedd
| them so the database could be much smaller.
|
| Please help,
| John

If you want to export the embedded Images see:
http://www.lebans.com/oletodisk.htm
NEW - Apr. 14/2002 A2KExportOLEtoJPEG.zip A2K ONLY! This version
saves the entire contents of a table containing OLE Object Images to
disk based Jpeg files. User selectable compression rate. Version 1.5
--

HTH
Stephen Lebans

I tried reading the article on displaying image from a
folder in a form or in a report

I am having trouble. Isn't there an easier way to just
LINK to a path. I having a problem with displaying the
image on the form. I don't understand that in the
ImageFrame there should be "C:\windows\circle.bmp" I
think it should be whatever the txtimagename is in the
text box??????

Please clarify??????
Thanks,
John

This is just because when you insert an Image control/frame in design-view, the UI forces you to choose
an initial image file. Once the control is inserted you can clear the 'Picture' property.

Note that the relevant Office Graphics Filters must be installed to use the image frame/control. Also,
see 'The Access Web' for possible solutions to some common problems with the image control, such as the
'scroll too quick' crash, and suppressing the 'Loading' dialog.

Back
Top