OE Removing Access to attachments

Doug

I have just installed Microsoft Office Professional
Editional 2003. One of the applications is Outlook
Express. Unfortunately, OE removes access to .PDF
and .DOC files and others, with the message "OE removed
access to the following unsafe attachments in your
mail: .PDF etc"

Can you tell me how I can change the settings in OE so
that I can receive such mail.

Thank You

Patricia Cardoza - [MVP Outlook]

Tools, Options, Security.

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP

Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003

***Please post all replies to the newsgroups***

Debbie Berkley [MSFT]

Specifically, once you have chosen Tools - Options - Security, uncheck the box where it says something
along the lines of "Do not allow the opening or saving of attachments that may contain a virus." (My OE
is in French, so I'm translating, and the wording may not be exactly the same.)

Debbie

--------------------
From: "Patricia Cardoza - [MVP Outlook]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: OE Removing Access to attachments
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 15:50:46 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general

Tools, Options, Security.

--

Doug said:
I have just installed Microsoft Office Professional
Editional 2003. One of the applications is Outlook
Express. Unfortunately, OE removes access to .PDF
and .DOC files and others, with the message "OE removed
access to the following unsafe attachments in your
mail: .PDF etc"

Can you tell me how I can change the settings in OE so
that I can receive such mail.

Thank You

Deborah Milam Berkley
Microsoft Natural Language Group

--

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples
are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community at large, all responses to this message are best directed to the
newsgroup/thread from which they originated.