OE MSIMN FAULT

• Thread starter Thread starter P S CHRISTIDES
  • Start date Start date
P

P S CHRISTIDES

HI:))))

I am writing to you on the problem of not starting correctly OE 6:

"MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module <unknown> at 0000:00490e77".

On starting OE for the first time after a computer start the following error is given, and the program needs to be shut down and restarted to operate correctly.

Subsequently all is in order, OE operating corectly and may be started or shut down, until the pc is shut down and started again.

I have checked for spryware with all in order, my IE and OE is up to date (6.00.2800.1123), I have compacted all folders, checked that all *.dbx files are not Read Only, I have renamed folders.dbx to folders.old but the problem still persists.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Windows version?

Your current Identity may be damaged, especially if its the default Main Identity. Try one or more of your accounts in a new Named Identity (File>Identities>Add new identity). Assuming all is well, import messages from the old Identity before deleting it (File>Identities>Manage Identities).

Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages. Move them to local folders created for this purpose.

Disable Background Compacting [N/A in SP2] and frequently perform a manual compact of all OE folders while "working offline". More at http://www.insideoe.com/files/maintain.htm.

Your anti-virus application's email scanning feature can also cause such corruption. Disable it. It provides no additional protection.

--
OE6-specific newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE), AH-VSOP

Inside Outlook Express
http://www.insideoe.com
HI:))))

I am writing to you on the problem of not starting correctly OE 6:

"MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module <unknown> at 0000:00490e77".

On starting OE for the first time after a computer start the following error is given, and the program needs to be shut down and restarted to operate correctly.

Subsequently all is in order, OE operating corectly and may be started or shut down, until the pc is shut down and started again.

I have checked for spryware with all in order, my IE and OE is up to date (6.00.2800.1123), I have compacted all folders, checked that all *.dbx files are not Read Only, I have renamed folders.dbx to folders.old but the problem still persists.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Back