Object Property Manager

  • Start date Start date

Dave

This is a commercial plug, but defintely related to Access (unlike
some messages posted in this group). If you develop Access databases
and would like to be able to rapidly and easily apply form or report
properties (even picture properties) throughout a whole project, I'd
recommend you take a look at Object Property Manager by Veraccess. You
could develop your own tool, but for $10, why would you? It's at
www.veraccess.com/products.htm
Posted to:
microsoft.public.access.devtoolkits
microsoft.public.access.chat
microsoft.public.access.forms
microsoft.public.access.reports

Douglas J. Steele said:
Dave: Are you associated with Veraccess? If so, then be aware that there's a
problem with the webpage http://www.veraccess.com/objmgr.htm: the image on
the page (I assume it's a screen shot) is broken. This is due to the fact
that it's looking for the image at
file:///D:/Veraccess/OPM/PPT_Images/frmsSetting.gif rather than
http://www.veraccess.com/images/frmsSetting.gif

(I treid to e-mail you directly, but your mailbox is over its limit)

Image link fixed; due to the surge in interest expressed by Access MVP
types, this file is now available for downloading and testing with a
30 day trial limit. Play away! I think you'll find it's worth $10 CDN
to rapidly and consistently set form and report objects for a whole
project at the click of a button. Obviously, it cannot work with .mde
files since modify permissions for these objects have been removed by
Access. The beauty is in setting a multitude of properties before
compiling your project only to find you forgot one $%!* form! Try it.
What have you got to lose when it's free for 30 days?

Really tacky, in my mind, to be doing such a blatant sales
pitch at this group, and especially trying to imply that the
MVP's had a lot of interest in your product. The way I
watched that thread was that the MVP's ( one, as I recall )
pointed out that you had problems on your web site and that
your mailbox is full. Really makes me confident of your
product with this type of marketing approach.

--

Gary Miller
Gary Miller Computer Services
Dave said:
"Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com>
wrote in message

Gary Miller said:
Really tacky, in my mind, to be doing such a blatant sales
pitch at this group, and especially trying to imply that the
MVP's had a lot of interest in your product. The way I
watched that thread was that the MVP's ( one, as I recall )
pointed out that you had problems on your web site and that
your mailbox is full. Really makes me confident of your
product with this type of marketing approach.

--

Gary Miller
Gary Miller Computer Services
Sisters, OR
________________________
At least I was open and honest about the fact that it was a plug,
which is more than what some people will do when trying to pass
themselves off as a satisfied customer of their own products. You
assume that the only interest in this product was from within this
forum, when in fact there were others (some originating from a Boston
Access convention, others from around the world visiting our web
site). The MVP you refer to, as well as OTHERS, did request and
receive a free copy for evaluation outside of this forum so as not to
clog this forum with endless commercial dialog. All those who
registered for the free download were appraised of recent changes. You
could not know that; but neither were you forced to assume that our
entire clientel for this product was restricted to one MVP from this
forum. Rather, you found it easier to assume one MVP was all we had to
go on, and you spent more time berating us than it would take to ask
if he was the only one interested, or find out if the product is as
good as we say it is. Maybe you should give it a try instead of
drawing too many conclusions based on what you perceive "our marketing
approach" to be, since you are only aware of half of it. It's a good
tool, and could make life easier for you as an Access developer. If
you choose not to test it because you don't like my response, I feel
that is your loss. One last thing: maybe you should take a look at the
crap that has nothing to do with Access in these forums which is
obviously disguised as commercial endorsement by the creators, then
consider how important it was for you to flame us based upon your
interpretation of the facts.

Back
Top