nvidia card

  • Start date Start date

I think the nvidia card is the problems... Here is what is in the release notes for MM2

"Video not captured successfully with NVIDIA video card installe
Video may not be previewed or captured successfully using the Video Capture Wizard in Windows Movie Maker 2 if an NVIDIA video card is installed on your computer. If you encounter this issue, install the latest NVIDIA device driver software for Microsoft Windows XP through the Windows Update Web site. After updated drivers have been installed, try capturing video again using the Video Capture Wizard in Windows Movie Maker 2.

BTW - I tried the new drivers and it doesn't solve the problem. I've seen some other postings that recommend trying to prevent Media Center from using the card so MM@ will recognize it. i assume this means stoping some of the services and rebooting. Anyone else seen a solution?

What is it that you are trying to do exactly?

Chris [MSFT]
===
Additional Information -
WMP FAQ -
http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html

Movie Maker FAQ -
http://www.papajohn.org

From: "=?Utf-8?B?V2F5bmUgTQ==?=" <[email protected]>
Subject: nvidia card
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 06:31:05 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker

I think the nvidia card is the problems... Here is what is in the release
notes for MM2.

"Video not captured successfully with NVIDIA video card installed
Video may not be previewed or captured successfully using the Video Capture
Wizard in Windows Movie Maker 2 if an NVIDIA video card is installed on
your computer. If you encounter this issue, install the latest NVIDIA
device driver software for Microsoft Windows XP through the Windows Update
Web site. After updated drivers have been installed, try capturing video
again using the Video Capture Wizard in Windows Movie Maker 2."

BTW - I tried the new drivers and it doesn't solve the problem. I've seen
some other postings that recommend trying to prevent Media Center from
using the card so MM@ will recognize it. i assume this means stoping some
of the services and rebooting. Anyone else seen a solution?

I'm trying to get MM2 to recognize the nVidia card as an input device in the MM2 video capture wizard. MM2 will only find my webcam. In order to get analog video (from a vcr) into MM2 for editing I have to record it as the native MS-DVR format using MCE and then use DVGate to convert it to MPEG2. Then I can open it in MM2 for editing. I would prefer to just run MM2 and capture video directly from the VCR. Any thoughts?

I have MCE on my laptop and I haven't seen any post about someone being able
to capture directly from the TV tuner into MM2. The FAQ at
microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter says that DVR-MS files can't be
converted or edited.

I'm doing something similar to you, converting them to another form of MPEG2
and then getting them into MM2. My process is on the Importing Source Files
Video > recorded TV page of www.papajohn.org

PapaJohn

Wane M said:
I'm trying to get MM2 to recognize the nVidia card as an input device in
the MM2 video capture wizard. MM2 will only find my webcam. In order to get
analog video (from a vcr) into MM2 for editing I have to record it as the
native MS-DVR format using MCE and then use DVGate to convert it to MPEG2.
Then I can open it in MM2 for editing. I would prefer to just run MM2 and
capture video directly from the VCR. Any thoughts?

Back
Top