ntbackup parameters

  • Start date Start date

Bob

What parameter should be used to perform a scheduled
backup to the media that is in the drive. I overwrite the
same tape every night on this particular server but it is
saying that it can not find any available media.

Thanks

Bob

Hi Bob,

If you are planning to overwrite whatever tape is in the drive at the time
of the backup, then you will want to use the /um switch. Please note that
you must use the /p switch with /um.

Please see the "unmanaged" section of the following article.
239892 How to Schedule Unattended Backups Using a Stand-Alone Tape Library
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=239892
--
Jaysen Buffington MCSE
Support Professional