Norton AntiVirus 2004

  • Start date Start date

Alex

Hi,

When I download the Norton Antivirus program on my comp,
after my windows xp runs sooo slow and freezes. I dont
know what I have to do so this stops. I remove Norton
and it goes back to normal. Any suggestions?
Thanks....

Hi Alex,

Regarding your post below, I suspect that NAV is in conflict with some
other program or service. Does this happen when NAV is either downloading
updates or performing a scan, but then goes away after the download/scan?

If the problem is more persistent, I suggest trying clean-boot t-shooting:
disabling startup items except NAV-related stuff to see if you can identify
a possible conflict.

310353 How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310353

316434 HOW TO: Perform Advanced Clean-Boot Troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434

310560 How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

You might also check Norton's Support site for additional t-shooting:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/

=========

Windows XP Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/security/default.asp

Windows 2000 Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/security/default.asp

Top 10 Windows Newsgroups Security Questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/newsgroups/default.asp?url=/technet/newsgro
ups/nodepages/sectop10.asp

=========
Paul Hayes, MCSE
Product Support Services
Microsoft Corporation
(e-mail address removed)

--------------------
| From: "Alex" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Norton AntiVirus 2004
| Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 01:24:41 -0800
|
| Hi,
|
| When I download the Norton Antivirus program on my comp,
| after my windows XP runs sooo slow and freezes. I dont
| know what I have to do so this stops. I remove Norton
| and it goes back to normal. Any suggestions?
| Thanks....

Back
Top