No Power on Boot

Reaction score
I just moved my entire system from one case to another, and when I go to boot it up, nothing happens. The standby light on the mobo lights up, so the ATX connector is fine. I'm thinking it might be the panel wires (power button, leds, etc.), but they all seem ok to me. Any ideas?

OK - couple of things to try...

Was it the same power supply as from your old case?

Are you 100% sure the power button leads are connected correctly? Or, that the power button actually works (use a continuity tester on the power leads if you are not sure)

Yes, it's the same power supply as my old case. I have checked and checked again to make sure that the power leads are plugged in correctly, and everything seems ok. I really don't know at this point. I've been working on it all day and I'm about to put everything back in the old case. Arrrrg! :(

Oh, and I don't have a continuity tester, either.

Found the problem and fixed it. Boots up OK now, except the floppy light stays on, which means its not plugged in properly (will check). Also, the power LED doesn't work, so I'll check that connection as well. Finally, the main problem, is that none of my PCI devices work. I figures this would happen as when I was installing them, it was almost as though the motherboard was too far in the case, and I couldn't correctly plug them in (they're about 1/2 way in). I tried unscrewing the motherboard a bit, but it doesn't help much. Any ideas? AGP is plugged in OK.

Nevermind, fixed the PCI issue as well. Now only my Power light won't turn on, and my floppy drive isn't working (but the cable is probably on backwards). All is well. Having fun with the fan control on the front and my lower case and CPU temps (by about 10 degrees at idle).

Yes, they are, but I spent half a day getting it to work, and it was all dumb problems in the end. How about you, Ian? Did you encounter any problems?

Nope no problems with it here, I personally thought it was easier to set up than any of the ones before!

Did you have a removable motherboard tray and a "snap-off" motherboard connection leads?

I had the mobo tray (which is great), but I don't know what you mean by "snap-off" motherboard connection leads.

Sorry, bad way of explaining it I guess...

There is a bundle of cables with the HD LED/RESET/POWER etc... clips on them that attach to the motherboard, but doesn't connect straight to the case. It has a header on it that connects to a socket from a cable comming from the front of the case. i.e you can attach the cables when your PC is not yet in the case, and then clip a single ribbon cable in place.

Back