No Audio on Certain Websites !!

Reaction score
Hiya

I have a weird problem

On my HP Vista Laptop, there is a certain website that will not play the audio both in IE and Firefox

It works perfectly well on my main pc which is XP but not on my Vista machine

All other sound works fine including other websites

I am fairly good on pc's but this has me stumped

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Paul

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Where does the audio come from? Is it Adobe Flash games/youtube videos that the sound doesn't work, or Windows Media embedded videos - there will probably be something in common which will help pinpoint it :)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Where does the audio come from? Is it Adobe Flash games/youtube videos that the sound doesn't work, or Windows Media embedded videos - there will probably be something in common which will help pinpoint it :)
How do I tell ?

This is the website, you press the audio button bottome left
Press change match then press go on the Reading match

Linky

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I can't get that link to work from here as you need to be a member to log in, but it's probably going to be using Flash or Windows media player. First download the latest Flash player, as some people seem to report sound problems with v9: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Are there any other sites you have the same problem with? It might be worth asking the SAFC premium TV site for some technical support if it is only on that one. :thumb:

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I can't get that link to work from here as you need to be a member to log in, but it's probably going to be using Flash or Windows media player. First download the latest Flash player, as some people seem to report sound problems with v9: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Are there any other sites you have the same problem with? It might be worth asking the SAFC premium TV site for some technical support if it is only on that one. :thumb:
I am sure I downloaded the latest Flash yesterday anyway, I will check though

I am not a member of that site, so not sure why you don't get in ?

Try this link

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
paulwilko said:
I am sure I downloaded the latest Flash yesterday anyway, I will check though

I am not a member of that site, so not sure why you don't get in ?

Try this link

I still can't get the link working, but if you explain what I need to click from the main page I'll give it a go :)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I still can't get the link working, but if you explain what I need to click from the main page I'll give it a go :)
What page are you lookign at ? Any Link ?

You are right though, my link does seem to stop workig after a while

When I right Click on the link, i get the feeling it is a Java based link, whether it is a Java based player I don't know.

How can i tell what player it is using ?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
OK I've managed to find the link you mean now :) I tried to listen to the Reading match, but I get a popup asking me to login to the site to listen to the audio - if you aren't a member of the site and pay the subscription fee I guess that is why it doesn't work. I would have thought you would get the same popup though?

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
OK I've managed to find the link you mean now :) I tried to listen to the Reading match, but I get a popup asking me to login to the site to listen to the audio - if you aren't a member of the site and pay the subscription fee I guess that is why it doesn't work. I would have thought you would get the same popup though?
Nothing to do with subscription as it works on my other pc's.

Can you tell what type of player it wants to use ?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think it will be Windows Media Player, judging by the DRM box I get. Here's a screenshot of the login box that appears:

attachment.php

Attachments

• safc.jpg
    safc.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 3,302
Reaction score
How strange, I don't get that !!

Ok, so Win Media Player ! That works fine as a standalone player.

When I get home, I will make sure there are no updates taht may change things.

Can you think of anything else I can check ?

Cheers for this

Paul

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
paulwilko said:
Can you think of anything else I can check ?

Unfortunately not :( It might be worth getting in touch with the website directly to see if it's a known issue :thumb:

Ask a Question