NHL 2004 Script Errors

  • Start date Start date

loancoin

I just started getting these Script Errors on the main menu of NHL 2004,
which doesn't allow me to access anything. Can't Play the game. I've found a
lot of the same problem but no fix. If anyone has experienced this and has
fixed I would be very greatful to you if you could help me fix this.

Thanks

Loancoin

Hi Loancoin,

"These script error messages can be due to the existence of spyware on your computer that is interferring with Internet Explorer. To
fix this, you may want to try downloading spyware removal programs available from shareware download sites on the internet. Our
users have reported that downloading the more popular spyware removal programs have successfully resolved this issue.

If the spyware removal utilities do not work, please try the following suggestions:

Make sure Internet Explorer 6 is installed.
Run IE6setup.exe from the CD.

Download Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/ie6sp1/default.asp

Download Microsoft Windows script version 5.6
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp

If that does not resolve the issue, try configuring your Internet Explorer options. To do this:

1. Bring up an Internet Explorer page by double-clicking on the IE icon
2. On the menus, click Tools -> Internet Options -> Click on the Advanced Tab
3. Uncheck the box for the entry called "Disable Script Debugging"
4. Click OK and start up the game
5. If you get the same error, go back to the Internet Explorer options and uncheck the box for the entry called "Display a
notification about every script error.""

Source:
http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...d_adp.php?p_sid=fsl_WC9h&p_lva=&p_faqid=12915

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

|I just started getting these Script Errors on the main menu of NHL 2004,
| which doesn't allow me to access anything. Can't Play the game. I've found a
| lot of the same problem but no fix. If anyone has experienced this and has
| fixed I would be very greatful to you if you could help me fix this.
|
| Thanks
|
| Loancoin

Thanks Jimmy

Jimmy S. said:
Hi Loancoin,

"These script error messages can be due to the existence of spyware on
your computer that is interferring with Internet Explorer. To
fix this, you may want to try downloading spyware removal programs
available from shareware download sites on the internet. Our
users have reported that downloading the more popular spyware removal
programs have successfully resolved this issue.
If the spyware removal utilities do not work, please try the following suggestions:

Make sure Internet Explorer 6 is installed.
Run IE6setup.exe from the CD.

Download Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/ie6sp1/default.asp

Download Microsoft Windows script version 5.6
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp

If that does not resolve the issue, try configuring your Internet Explorer options. To do this:

1. Bring up an Internet Explorer page by double-clicking on the IE icon
2. On the menus, click Tools -> Internet Options -> Click on the Advanced Tab
3. Uncheck the box for the entry called "Disable Script Debugging"
4. Click OK and start up the game
5. If you get the same error, go back to the Internet Explorer options and
uncheck the box for the entry called "Display a
notification about every script error.""

Source:
http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...d_adp.php?p_sid=fsl_WC9h&p_lva=&p_faqid=12915

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

|I just started getting these Script Errors on the main menu of NHL 2004,
| which doesn't allow me to access anything. Can't Play the game. I've found a
| lot of the same problem but no fix. If anyone has experienced this and has
| fixed I would be very greatful to you if you could help me fix this.
|
| Thanks
|
| Loancoin

You're most welcome! :-)

Cheers,
Jimmy.

| Thanks Jimmy
|

| "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
| | > Hi Loancoin,
| >
| > "These script error messages can be due to the existence of spyware on
| your computer that is interferring with Internet Explorer. To
| > fix this, you may want to try downloading spyware removal programs
| available from shareware download sites on the internet. Our
| > users have reported that downloading the more popular spyware removal
| programs have successfully resolved this issue.
| >

| > If the spyware removal utilities do not work, please try the following
| suggestions:
| >
| > Make sure Internet Explorer 6 is installed.
| > Run IE6setup.exe from the CD.
| >
| > Download Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1
| > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/ie6sp1/default.asp
| >
| > Download Microsoft Windows script version 5.6
| >
| http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
| >
| > If that does not resolve the issue, try configuring your Internet Explorer
| options. To do this:
| >
| > 1. Bring up an Internet Explorer page by double-clicking on the IE icon
| > 2. On the menus, click Tools -> Internet Options -> Click on the Advanced
| Tab
| > 3. Uncheck the box for the entry called "Disable Script Debugging"
| > 4. Click OK and start up the game
| > 5. If you get the same error, go back to the Internet Explorer options and
| uncheck the box for the entry called "Display a
| > notification about every script error.""
| >
| > Source:
| >
| http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...d_adp.php?p_sid=fsl_WC9h&p_lva=&p_faqid=12915
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >

| > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
| Contact
| > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| rights.

| > | which doesn't allow me to access anything. Can't Play the game. I've
| found a
| > | lot of the same problem but no fix. If anyone has experienced this and
| has
| > | fixed I would be very greatful to you if you could help me fix this.
| > |
| > | Thanks
| > |
| > | Loancoin