Newsgroup Problems / Search etc.

John R

Somtimes I post a new message and use SEARCH (Sender
Name) to locate a possible answer. Often a time/date is
displayed but I cannot find that time/date by paging the
list. Sometimes a click on SEARCH produces nothing! I
hope I will be able to locate an answer to this message.
After clicking SEND a screen appears that your posting
will appear in a few minutes. OK in a box.

Malke

John said:
Somtimes I post a new message and use SEARCH (Sender
Name) to locate a possible answer. Often a time/date is
displayed but I cannot find that time/date by paging the
list. Sometimes a click on SEARCH produces nothing! I
hope I will be able to locate an answer to this message.
After clicking SEND a screen appears that your posting
will appear in a few minutes. OK in a box.

Hi, John. Since you are using the web interface, you may not realize
that this is really a newsgroup. You will get far more out of this
resource if you learn to use a newsreader, and that includes being able
to find your posts and more easily search the group. There are many
good newsreaders for Windows, but you can use Outlook Express since you
already have it. Here are some links to information about newsgroups to
broaden your posting pleasure!

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page3.html#12-09-02 - a brief
explanation of newsgroups
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/news/howto
default.asp (enter url on one line in browser addressbar)
microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
working properly

Hope that helps,

Malke