Newsgroup problem

  • Start date Start date

Markb

I fam using Internet Explorer 6 and Windows XP Professional. When I am in a
discussion group I am unable to post a new question or comment. When I click
on 'New" and then "Question" or "Comment" my computer makes a clunking sound
and reverts to the page on which I started. I sent this problem to Microsoft
Customer Service, but they were unable to provide a solution. They suggested
I try here, so I am using another browser to post this.

you apparently are using the WEB INTERFACE and it is known to be klunky.

suggest you use Outlook Express as news group reader instead.

microsoft news groups are located on server

msnews.microsoft.com

(e-mail address removed)

I fam using Internet Explorer 6 and Windows XP Professional. When I am in a
discussion group I am unable to post a new question or comment. When I click
on 'New" and then "Question" or "Comment" my computer makes a clunking sound
and reverts to the page on which I started. I sent this problem to Microsoft
Customer Service, but they were unable to provide a solution. They suggested
I try here, so I am using another browser to post this.

What third-party toolbars do you have installed (e.g., Yahoo; Google;
Windows Live)?

(if any)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

PA Bear

Aha! When my wife uses my computer she sometimes activates the Google
and/or Yahoo toolbars. I activated the Google toolbar, looked at the
settings. and lo and behold, the pop-up blocker was on. I turned it off and
my problem went away. I then activated the Yahoo toolbar and turned off its
pop-up blocker as well just to be on the safe side.

If I could I would say THANK YOU with an even larger font.

Mark

P.S. Perhaps you could inform the Customer Service people I started with
about your advice.

Back
Top