Newsgroup problem

  • Start date Start date

Am having problems settting up this newsgroup in Outlook Express. I get the
account setup and a list of available Newsgroup. But when I type in the name
of the newsgroup there are none left. Could someone please tell me what I am
doing wrong.

Richard

To access these newsgroups using NNTP, please use the following information
for your NNTP client (such as Microsoft Outlook Express):

- NNTP Server: privatenews.microsoft.com

- Account name: privatenews\spyware

- Password: spyware
--
Since these are private newsgroups, your server will require you to logon
using the following information:

a.. Server: privatenews.microsoft.com
b.. Account name: privatenews\spyware
c.. Password: spyware
d.. Note that the password is case-sensitive.
Viewing these Newsgroups through Outlook Express

1.. Launch Outlook Express
2.. Select Tools - Accounts
3.. Select Add & click News
4.. Enter Your Name
5.. Enter an alias (you may want to consider avoiding posting with
your real e-mail alias, as these newsgroups are exposed publicly through the
web interface. More about e-mail aliases and privacy.)
6.. Internet News Server Name Page - enter privatenews.microsoft.com
and check "My news server requires me to log on". Click "Next".
7.. Enter Account name - privatenews\spyware
8.. Enter password (case-sensitive): spyware
9.. Click Next & Finish
10.. Close and download the newsgroups.
Before joining in, be sure to check our Privacy Statement and Rules of
Conduct.
--
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/resources/communities.htm#setupmsnews

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/newsgroups/default.mspx

Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader

Inside Outlook Express
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/resources/communities.htm#setupmsnews

For the benefit of the community reading this post, please rate the pºsts.

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Еиçеl

Thanks for the help. That did the trick.

Engel said:
[...]

Back
Top