New User Reports In

  • Start date Start date

PapaJohn \(MVP\)

Over 99.9 percent of the people who download MM2 do not read this newsgroup or post to it.

It's easy to read the postings and get a negative feeling.... that's because the issues needing resolution get posted, but positive results don't.

Most of the email I get about Movie Maker is to report positive experiences rather than to ask for help..... sometimes I'll attempt to find out what's happening with those who don't post, and find that they don't have sufficient issues with MM2 to make a post.

I have a brother in Texas who never used Movie Maker until yesterday.... he doesn't read or post to this newsgroup.... here's the text of an email he sent last night. I thought I'd post it to get my March postings off on a positive note.

PapaJohn

=======2/29/03 - PapaJohn's Brother Jim ===============

"Finally picked up a Fire Wire cable and hooked up the
digital camcorder to the computer. Had no problems at
all with Movie Maker 2 and was able to take the
one-hour video from our December trip add titles,
transitions and credits in no time at all. Sending
the completed move back to the camcorder took almost 2
hours with the prep time. The end results were great
and Linda liked the "polished" version of her video."

PapaJohn,

Here's another one of those bad experiences.

I loaded CyberLink PowerDirector and PowerDVD &

Media Player no longer plays mpeg
Movie Maker 2 only recognizes audio portion of mpeg file
Windows Media encoder crashes converting mpeg to wmv

I uninstalled and I'm OK again, but there are some nasty software combinations out there. People sometimes don't understand that or provide themselves a way out by backing up.

A computer with carefully chosen software that matches your needs can be a dream but the exact opposite is too easy to create.

Yes.... good words.

PowerDVD and PowerDirector are pointed to a number of times in my list of known problem codecs.... maybe unregistering the selected codecs is all you need to do instead of removing the software. I do that to use MM2 and then register the codecs again to play DVDs.

PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org

"jquiet" <tester,testingplace,net> wrote in message PapaJohn,

Here's another one of those bad experiences.

I loaded CyberLink PowerDirector and PowerDVD &

Media Player no longer plays mpeg
Movie Maker 2 only recognizes audio portion of mpeg file
Windows Media encoder crashes converting mpeg to wmv

I uninstalled and I'm OK again, but there are some nasty software combinations out there. People sometimes don't understand that or provide themselves a way out by backing up.

A computer with carefully chosen software that matches your needs can be a dream but the exact opposite is too easy to create.

Ji there,

I have both Power Director, Power DVD ind Intervideo WinDVD. They are all paid
for (last 12 months) versions and I have no problems with them at all. However,
when I first downloaded one of the free give-away versions I had all sorts of
problems....I ended up getting true value for money.

Out of the two I prefer WinDVD Platingnum mostly because I can play a DVD and
the image is the desktop if you see what I mean.....it means I can carry on and
see bits of the film whilst tinkering away at whatever else I am doing....in
fact I watched The Matrix day before yesterday whilst I created a short video
for my website using Movie Maker 2...If you have broadband take a look at the
site and the video called Cat & Mouse.

Back
Top