.Net Crystal suport

• Thread starter Thread starter Horatiu Ripa
  • Start date Start date
H

Horatiu Ripa

If I have a report with subreports on drilldowns, how can I find the field value that was clicked at drilldown to pass it as parameter to the next report using CrystalReportViewer .Net object?

Horatiu Ripa

Horatiu,

Don't know the exact answer on your question, but you may try the new Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services (there is an Evaluation Edition which you can order to do the tests) instead of using Crystal Reports (I found that Crystal Reports is pretty incomplete; Reporting Services seem to be a lot better).

I'm not sure about that. There are two good reasons for it:
1. Usually the first release of any MS product is full of bugs and it's a horror to sneak between them.
2. Usually MS tools are initially developed to cover FoodMart, Nortwind and "Hello World" range of applications. I have serious doubts about using Reporting Services upon very large ammounts of data, right now we have our own service for reporting. A simple example is the reports on cubes try, just for the fun of it, to browse a cube which has, let's say, 1,000,000 values on a dimension with RS browser. If it will respond (which I doubt), and not kill both server and client, probably it will take 1/2 day.

--
Horatiu Ripa

Horatiu,

Don't know the exact answer on your question, but you may try the new Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services (there is an Evaluation Edition which you can order to do the tests) instead of using Crystal Reports (I found that Crystal Reports is pretty incomplete; Reporting Services seem to be a lot better).

Back