.net 3 and Visual Studio 05 Express

  • Start date Start date
?

=?iso-8859-1?q?C=FCneyd_Erbay?=

Hello,

I have got a little question can I upgrade my VS 2005 C# Express to the
..net framework 3 ?
And if yes how ?

Thanks

Cüneyd Erbay said:
Hello,

I have got a little question can I upgrade my VS 2005 C# Express to
the .net framework 3 ?
And if yes how ?

Just install the .NET 3.0 framework. I don't believe the "Orcas"
(WCF/WPF/WF) add-ins for VS2005 will work in the express editions (but I
could be wrong - I don't have Express installed to try it). Still, even
without the add-ins, you can build any kind of .NET 3 app you'd like, you
just have to write the code yourself.

-cd

Carl Daniel [VC++ MVP] schrieb:

Just install the .NET 3.0 framework. I don't believe the "Orcas"
(WCF/WPF/WF) add-ins for VS2005 will work in the express editions (but I
could be wrong - I don't have Express installed to try it). Still, even
without the add-ins, you can build any kind of .NET 3 app you'd like, you
just have to write the code yourself.

Do I have to install the ''Orcas'' specially or are they included to
the .net framework 3

Do I have to install the ''Orcas'' add-ins specially or are they
included
to the .net framework 3

Hello Cüneyd,

..NET 3.0 redistributive is just runtime to run your apps.
All addins, required for development, need to be installed additionally from
there http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/aa904955.aspx

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev [C# MVP] :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

CE> Do I have to install the ''Orcas'' add-ins specially or are they
CE> included
CE> to the .net framework 3

Back
Top