Need to update/edit text within a field...HELP

Nadia

I have a list of over 7000 unique numbers (i.e. 123 or 77-
123). I need to add the letters "MH" in front of each
number. Is there an easier way to do this than to click
and edit each individual record manually? Please help,
anyone have any suggestions or ideas of a query that may
work? Lots of thanks in advance.

prabha

Hi Nadia,

Create a query that has the following for the column:

Field: "MH" & [the name of your field]
Table: Your table Name

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support

"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

| From: "Nadia" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Nadia" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Need to update/edit text within a field...HELP
| Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 09:57:53 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.queries
|
| I have a list of over 7000 unique numbers (i.e. 123 or 77-
| 123). I need to add the letters "MH" in front of each
| number. Is there an easier way to do this than to click
| and edit each individual record manually? Please help,
| anyone have any suggestions or ideas of a query that may
| work? Lots of thanks in advance.

MGFoster