My home page alteration capability is now unavailable

G

Ok, I had spyware alter my home page on IE 6.0. I eliminated the spyware, and reinstalled IE 6.0... however, I am still unable to access or change my IE home page through internet options. I reset the web settings through tools, which changed me home page back to the microsoft redirect home page, which sends me to msn.com. But when I go into internet options I still cannot change my home page, it is "greyed" out and I am unable to access it

What security alteration do I need to make so I can get access back and the capability to reset my home page to whatever I desire it to be

Please help, victim of spyware...

O

Olof Lagerkvist

BryanC said:
Ok, I had spyware alter my home page on IE 6.0. I eliminated the spyware, and reinstalled IE 6.0... however, I am still unable to access or change my IE home page through internet options. I reset the web settings through tools, which changed me home page back to the microsoft redirect home page, which sends me to msn.com. But when I go into internet options I still cannot change my home page, it is "greyed" out and I am unable to access it.

What security alteration do I need to make so I can get access back and the capability to reset my home page to whatever I desire it to be?

Please help, victim of spyware...

If you are using Windows XP Professional, try start -> run, type
gpedit.msc to start Group Policy Editor. Under user config, administr.
templates, windows components, internet explorer there is a setting
called "Disable changing home page settings". Set it to "Not configured"
or "Disable".

Ask a Question