music video...how to make images or clips appear on cue?

• Thread starter Thread starter dgsam
  • Start date Start date
D

dgsam

I am trying to make a video togo along with a song. I have set the audio track first and want to set 3 or 4 images/clips to start at certain points in the music then fill the rest of the movie with other images and clips. I cant seem to figure out how to set these critical images/clips anywhere but one after the other and only starting at the beginning of the video rather than where I want them to appear at certain points in the music. Is what i am trying possible?

--
Hardware above my means courtesy of my benefactors, Angel, Weezy and ER__RN

Epox EP-8RDA+ mobo
AMD 1.8 Ghz 2500+ Barton processor
1gig Corsair XMS3200 400 mhz DDR
FX5700LE

Hi -

Although you cannot anchor clips to specific times on the video track while adding other clips in front of them, you CAN mark the points in the audio in a couple of ways, to make it easier to sync up these clips after you have filled in the video track with the rest of the images/clips. I would suggest splitting the audio clip at the points that you want to mark, or temporarily adding overlay titles to the Titles Track at these points in the audio. In either case, when you do your final editing, you can sync the appropriate clips to these points by snapping them to the split points, or to the edge of the overlay title clip.

Cutts (MS)
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
I am trying to make a video togo along with a song. I have set the audio track first and want to set 3 or 4 images/clips to start at certain points in the music then fill the rest of the movie with other images and clips. I cant seem to figure out how to set these critical images/clips anywhere but one after the other and only starting at the beginning of the video rather than where I want them to appear at certain points in the music. Is what i am trying possible?

--

Epox EP-8RDA+ mobo
FX5700LE

Ah, I get it....

Thank you for such a concise prompt answer. =)

--

Epox EP-8RDA+ mobo
FX5700LE

Back