MSI Problem

  • Start date Start date

Aaron

I get the following error message if I do not install to
the default directory...

A portion of the folder path '' is invalid. It is either
empty or exceeds the length allowed by the system.

My created msi project (with Visual Studio 2003 .NET) is
very simple it has an application directory and several
custom directories defines under it like this [TARGETDIR]
\Docs.

Everything works great if I install to the default
directory otherwise I get this. I have tried setting all
the directories to always create and nothings seems to
work.

Thanks, I am more of a driver guy and not an apps guy.

Aaron Baranoff
(e-mail address removed)

Hi Aaron,

I find that you have posted a similar post in this group.
I have added a reply to another post of you
If you have follow up questions, please post there and I will work with
you. Thanks.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Aaron" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Aaron" <[email protected]>
| Subject: MSI Problem
| Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:24:24 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.general
|
| I get the following error message if I do not install to
| the default directory...
|
| A portion of the folder path '' is invalid. It is either
| empty or exceeds the length allowed by the system.
|
| My created msi project (with Visual Studio 2003 .NET) is
| very simple it has an application directory and several
| custom directories defines under it like this [TARGETDIR]
| \Docs.
|
| Everything works great if I install to the default
| directory otherwise I get this. I have tried setting all
| the directories to always create and nothings seems to
| work.
|
| Thanks, I am more of a driver guy and not an apps guy.
|
| Aaron Baranoff
| (e-mail address removed)

Back
Top