MPSRpt tools; How to find Dll's hooked to Explorer.exe

  • Start date Start date

Phil C.

Awhile ago, I had a Microsoft support person have me insall the MPSRpt tools
on my Win 2k Server System for help with a problem. He also told me that
from the logs of the tools that I had a zillion dll's hooked to
explorer.exe, which were slowing it down, and he told me some exact dll's
that I should look at.

My Xp Prof sp2 system suffers from I believe this bloat, since I have a lot
of installed programs. If I install the MPSRpt tools on this system, what
tool do I run and where do I look in the report to see what dll's are run
when I say explore a folder, etc.

Thanks,

Phil

I don't know. In XP Pro type in Start Run

cmd /k tasklist /m /fi "imagename eq explorer.exe"

to see a list of dlls loaded by explorer. There will always be lots.

Thanks Dave,

This appears to show me all the OS windows dll's, I know there are a ton of
third party program dll's hooked to explorer.exe.

Phil

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
I don't know. In XP Pro type in Start Run

cmd /k tasklist /m /fi "imagename eq explorer.exe"

to see a list of dlls loaded by explorer. There will always be lots.

Back
Top