moving synchronisation

hey
i have problems since i change my synchronisation

i explain
i create a map on a computer g: (= \\serveur toto\partage\nt)
i make synchronisation on the map, it works greate since 2 years

this month, i buy a new server and i modify the script to affect the map
(G:) on
\\new serveur\partage\nt

i make synchronisation on this forlder, it works .... but the old
synchonisation is always active
i see it when i start and close my computer
he synchronise both
how can i simply delete the old synchronisation on all my computers,
because i don't want to go on each computer and delete it ..
thanks

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

Based on my experience, I suspect that the root cause may be the Offline
Folder CSC (Client Side Cache) database still contains references to the
old file server. We can use a tool called Csccmd.exe to refresh the CSC
database by re-pointing the share to the new server. Here are the steps:

1. Download the Csccmd.exe file:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9D467A69-57FF-4AE7-
96EE-B18C4790CFFD&displaylang=en

Note: Csccmd.exe that comes with Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit tools can
help us to re-point to the offline folder to the new server. This tool can
run on the Windows XP and Windows 2000 clients.

2. It is a command-line tool and you can run this:

csccmd /moveshare:\\<oldserver>\<oldshare> \\newserver\newshare

Note: The above command remaps the files in the CSC cache on
\\oldserver\\oldshare to the \\newserver\newshare location.

For more information about features and functions of CSCCMD version 1.1,
please refer to the following article:
884739: Features and functions in version 1.1 of the Client-Side Caching
Command-Line Options command-line tool
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884739

As far as I know, the Offline Files cache is a folder structure located in
the %SystemRoot%\CSC folder, which is hidden by default. If the problem
still occurs, you may refer to the following article to reset the Offline
Files Cache:

230738: How to Restart the Offline Files Cache/Database
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;230738

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: =?Utf-8?B?bmljb2xhczI5?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: moving synchronisation
| Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:44:01 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
|
| hey
| i have problems since i change my synchronisation
|
| i explain
| i create a map on a computer g: (= \\serveur toto\partage\nt)
| i make synchronisation on the map, it works greate since 2 years
|
| this month, i buy a new server and i modify the script to affect the map
| (G:) on
| \\new serveur\partage\nt
|
| i make synchronisation on this forlder, it works .... but the old
| synchonisation is always active
| i see it when i start and close my computer
| he synchronise both
| how can i simply delete the old synchronisation on all my computers,
| because i don't want to go on each computer and delete it ..
| thanks
|
| --
| nt

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi,

I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any updates
or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let me
know.

> [...]

| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: =?Utf-8?B?bmljb2xhczI5?= <[email protected]>
| | Subject: moving synchronisation
| | Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:44:01 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
| |
| | hey
| | i have problems since i change my synchronisation
| |
| | i explain
| | i create a map on a computer g: (= \\serveur toto\partage\nt)
| | i make synchronisation on the map, it works greate since 2 years
| |
| | this month, i buy a new server and i modify the script to affect the
| |
| | i make synchronisation on this forlder, it works .... but the old
| | synchonisation is always active
| | i see it when i start and close my computer
| | he synchronise both
| | how can i simply delete the old synchronisation on all my computers,
| | because i don't want to go on each computer and delete it ..
| | thanks
| |
| | --
| | nt
| |

thanks
since last post i'm working outside of my company for clients so i will try
in the next few days
i will give you a feedback

good days (or good night)
bye nicolas
--
nt

"Ken Zhao [MSFT]" said:
> [...]

| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: =?Utf-8?B?bmljb2xhczI5?= <[email protected]>
| | Subject: moving synchronisation
| | Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:44:01 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
| |
| | hey
| | i have problems since i change my synchronisation
| |
| | i explain
| | i create a map on a computer g: (= \\serveur toto\partage\nt)
| | i make synchronisation on the map, it works greate since 2 years
| |
| | this month, i buy a new server and i modify the script to affect the
| |
| | i make synchronisation on this forlder, it works .... but the old
| | synchonisation is always active
| | i see it when i start and close my computer
| | he synchronise both
| | how can i simply delete the old synchronisation on all my computers,
| | because i don't want to go on each computer and delete it ..
| | thanks
| |
| | --
| | nt
| |

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Ok.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: =?Utf-8?B?bmljb2xhczI5?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: moving synchronisation
| Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 12:13:01 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
|
| thanks
| since last post i'm working outside of my company for clients so i will
try
| in the next few days
| i will give you a feedback
|
| good days (or good night)
| bye nicolas
| --
| nt
|

| ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
|
| > Hi,
| >
| > I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any
updates
| > or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let
me
| > know.
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > ====================================================
rights.

| > --------------------
| > | From: (e-mail address removed) ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| > | Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 04:14:22 GMT
| > | Subject: RE: moving synchronisation
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
| > |
| > | Hello,
| > |
| > | Thank you for using newsgroup!
| > |
| > | Based on my experience, I suspect that the root cause may be the
Offline
| > | Folder CSC (Client Side Cache) database still contains references to
the
| > | old file server. We can use a tool called Csccmd.exe to refresh the
CSC
| > | database by re-pointing the share to the new server. Here are the
steps:
| > |
| > | 1. Download the Csccmd.exe file:
| > |
| > |

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9D467A69-57FF-4AE7-
| > | 96EE-B18C4790CFFD&displaylang=en
| > |
| > | Note: Csccmd.exe that comes with Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit
tools
| > can
| > | help us to re-point to the offline folder to the new server. This
tool
| > can
| > | run on the Windows XP and Windows 2000 clients.
| > |
| > | 2. It is a command-line tool and you can run this:
| > |
| > | csccmd /moveshare:\\<oldserver>\<oldshare> \\newserver\newshare
| > |
| > | Note: The above command remaps the files in the CSC cache on
| > | \\oldserver\\oldshare to the \\newserver\newshare location.
| > |
| > | For more information about features and functions of CSCCMD version
1.1,
| > | please refer to the following article:
| > | 884739: Features and functions in version 1.1 of the Client-Side
Caching
| > | Command-Line Options command-line tool
| > | http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884739
| > |
| > | As far as I know, the Offline Files cache is a folder structure
located
| > in
| > | the %SystemRoot%\CSC folder, which is hidden by default. If the
problem
| > | still occurs, you may refer to the following article to reset the
Offline
| > | Files Cache:
| > |
| > | 230738: How to Restart the Offline Files Cache/Database
| > | http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;230738
| > |
| > | Thanks & Regards,
| > |
| > | Ken Zhao
| > |
| > | Microsoft Online Support
| > | Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
| > |
| > | Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| > <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > | ====================================================
| > | When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > | that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| > | ====================================================
| > | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| > rights.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | --------------------
| > | |
| > map
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > |
| > |

hey how are you ?

so i make the test and ... not well for me but ...

Your informations are very good so :

First, i use csccmd /moveshare i works a bit , after i only show the last
share off line but the file in the first share hav'nt move to the second
share, that's why i m not ok.

perhaps have i made something bad ?

2nd) i try the csccmd /disable
but it only disconnect for a time the off line share

so i make that :
I copy all the files from the first share to the second and on the server
where is the first share, on the share i disconnect off line share file
option and so on my portable doesn't try to make theses files off line, only
thoses on the second server

so it's good for me, off course on my computer there are a copy of the files
from the first share, but use doesn't see them because they only see the map
on the second server

can you you just tell me if normaly after usinf the moveshare command i will
see the files from the first share in my new share ?

bye

"Ken Zhao [MSFT]" said:
Ok.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: =?Utf-8?B?bmljb2xhczI5?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: moving synchronisation
| Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 12:13:01 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
|
| thanks
| since last post i'm working outside of my company for clients so i will
try
| in the next few days
| i will give you a feedback
|
| good days (or good night)
| bye nicolas
| --
| nt
|

| ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
|
| > Hi,
| >
| > I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any
updates
| > or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let
me
| > know.
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > ====================================================
rights.

| > --------------------
| > | From: (e-mail address removed) ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| > | Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 04:14:22 GMT
| > | Subject: RE: moving synchronisation
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
| > |
| > | Hello,
| > |
| > | Thank you for using newsgroup!
| > |
| > | Based on my experience, I suspect that the root cause may be the
Offline
| > | Folder CSC (Client Side Cache) database still contains references to
the
| > | old file server. We can use a tool called Csccmd.exe to refresh the
CSC
| > | database by re-pointing the share to the new server. Here are the
steps:
| > |
| > | 1. Download the Csccmd.exe file:
| > |
| > |

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9D467A69-57FF-4AE7-
| > | 96EE-B18C4790CFFD&displaylang=en
| > |
| > | Note: Csccmd.exe that comes with Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit
tools
| > can
| > | help us to re-point to the offline folder to the new server. This
tool
| > can
| > | run on the Windows XP and Windows 2000 clients.
| > |
| > | 2. It is a command-line tool and you can run this:
| > |
| > | csccmd /moveshare:\\<oldserver>\<oldshare> \\newserver\newshare
| > |
| > | Note: The above command remaps the files in the CSC cache on
| > | \\oldserver\\oldshare to the \\newserver\newshare location.
| > |
| > | For more information about features and functions of CSCCMD version
1.1,
| > | please refer to the following article:
| > | 884739: Features and functions in version 1.1 of the Client-Side
Caching
| > | Command-Line Options command-line tool
| > | http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884739
| > |
| > | As far as I know, the Offline Files cache is a folder structure
located
| > in
| > | the %SystemRoot%\CSC folder, which is hidden by default. If the
problem
| > | still occurs, you may refer to the following article to reset the
Offline
| > | Files Cache:
| > |
| > | 230738: How to Restart the Offline Files Cache/Database
| > | http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;230738
| > |
| > | Thanks & Regards,
| > |
| > | Ken Zhao
| > |
| > | Microsoft Online Support
| > | Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
| > |
| > | Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| > <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > | ====================================================
| > | When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > | that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| > | ====================================================
| > | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| > rights.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | --------------------
| > | |
| > map
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > |
| > |

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Glad to hear the info is helpful.

If you use moveshare switch, the offline folder will be pointed to the new
server.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: =?Utf-8?B?bmljb2xhczI5?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: moving synchronisation
| Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 12:32:01 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
|
| hey how are you ?
|
| so i make the test and ... not well for me but ...
|
| Your informations are very good so :
|
| First, i use csccmd /moveshare i works a bit , after i only show the last
| share off line but the file in the first share hav'nt move to the second
| share, that's why i m not ok.
|
| perhaps have i made something bad ?
|
| 2nd) i try the csccmd /disable
| but it only disconnect for a time the off line share
|
| so i make that :
| I copy all the files from the first share to the second and on the server
| where is the first share, on the share i disconnect off line share file
| option and so on my portable doesn't try to make theses files off line,
only
| thoses on the second server
|
| so it's good for me, off course on my computer there are a copy of the
files
| from the first share, but use doesn't see them because they only see the
map
| on the second server
|
| can you you just tell me if normaly after usinf the moveshare command i
will
| see the files from the first share in my new share ?
|
| bye
|

| ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
|
| > Ok.
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > ====================================================
rights.

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?bmljb2xhczI5?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: RE: moving synchronisation
| > | Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 12:13:01 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
| > |
| > | thanks
| > | since last post i'm working outside of my company for clients so i
will
| > try
| > | in the next few days
| > | i will give you a feedback