Movie maker-photo cd

  • Start date Start date

Dyl

I am making a photo cd using movie maker, will i be able
to view the cd on a standard dvd player, or will i need
to use different software to make this cd? I am using
movie maker because it has pretty cool options, like the
page transitions audio functions and the timeline....etc
I read somewhere in a post that you can't make a
photo cd using movie maker, is this true? If so what kind
of software is out there that has the same options as
movie maker but doesn't cost an arm & a leg?

I am making a photo cd using movie maker, will i be able
to view the cd on a standard dvd player, or will i need
to use different software to make this cd? I am using
movie maker because it has pretty cool options, like the
page transitions audio functions and the timeline....etc
I read somewhere in a post that you can't make a
photo cd using movie maker, is this true? If so what kind
of software is out there that has the same options as
movie maker but doesn't cost an arm & a leg?

I just made a SVCD slide show (movie) of a wedding with 124+ pictures
and music. I used Nero 6 to convert and burn the MM2 file
simultaneously to cd. There are other SW programs to convert, but
have never used them.
Good luck,
MR

Hi there,

You can only make High Mat CD's with Movie Maker. Some DVD players will
play High Mat Audio or High Mat stills but not High Mat Video. I bought two
DVD players last week for presents. Neither of them played High Mat of any
sort. High Mat video is Microsofts way of entering this market, you will
need to buy a new standalone player when available if you want to take that
route..

You will need other software to burn your movie to a CD. MR has the right
idea in that area, or you could go the rest of the way and buy a DVD writer
and make high quality videos of your work playable on any standard DVD
machine

The post you read somewhere is correct; see http://papajohn.org for complete
details.

As for not costing "an arm & a leg":

If you're in the US, CompUSA has Adaptec/Sonic RecordNow! Deluxe (aka MyDVD)
on sale this week for $19.99 after rebates; this is the cheapest I recall
seeing for retail software that will let you create a VCD/DVD from a WMV.

A few weeks ago I bought Plus! Digital Media Edition for on sale for $10 and
then updgraded (free download) to the new version; the updated PhotoStory
will let you create a VCD (no DVD), but you have much less control over the
video.

I think http://dvdrhelp.com has extensive details on using various freeware
packages.

Dan

Hi there Mr. Smith,

Tell us all please do why you have just got around to answering a message
posted 9 days ago...please do not say you are replying to the chap I
have....because the message content is wrong.

It really does not matter why, I am gratefully to you for doing it. I
needed that extra little bit from you, and like the nice chap you are, you
have supplied it. Well done Sir! If this M.O. does not displease Autodesk,
I have no idea what will

Mr Smith,

Your message is off topic. Please refrain from discussing these matters in
this newsgroup. In addition you will find some interesting information
below my sig line.

--
Best Wishes.........John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org

From: "J. Daniel Smith" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: VCD Menu Effects
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:14:14 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker

This newsgroup is for Windows MovieMaker, which doesn't create VCDs (or DVDs
for that matter).

Dan

Back
Top