Movie Maker Locks up All the time now

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Hello

This is the 3rd movie I have created using Movie Maker. The first movie was almost 8 minutes long and I have only experienced 1 lock up. The second movie was over 25 minutes long and I had 0 lock ups. Now i'm on my third movie and i'm only 3 minutes into it and I cant do anything without it locking up. I have deleted all my clips, former movies, and anything that may use alot of space on my computer and it hasn't helped at all. I've scanned for viruses and spy-ware.Now I have no idea what to do next. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

I would try uninstalling and reinstalling movie maker.... by the way on your 25 min. project did you notice that everything started responding slower (ex. dragginf clips to the storyboard and transitions) once the project got big?

I'm having the same problem, even before I drag any clips
to the storyboards or add transitions. I'm importing
videos (5 minutes to 30 minutes MPEG). Whether I clip
them myself or let WMM clip them for me, I'm just working
with them in the top screen. Randomly (1 minute, 5
minutes, maybe 10), it freezes. Ctrl+Alt+Del time.
-----Original Message-----
I would try uninstalling and reinstalling movie
maker.... by the way on your 25 min. project did you
notice that everything started responding slower (ex.
dragginf clips to the storyboard and transitions) once
the project got big?

Why does WinMovie Maker freeze up all the time? It didn't used to; but now it does it constantly during my editing processes. What can be done about it? I have to press Ctrl/Alt/Delete and End the Program. Thankfully I'm saving my material to my external hard drive and not the computer!! My computer is fast and is new (8 months old). Thanks.

You probably installed some other software that has one of the codecs that
MM2 has problems with. See the Problem Solving > Acceleration and Codecs
page of www.papajohn.org
---
PapaJohn

videoperson said:
Why does WinMovie Maker freeze up all the time? It didn't used to; but
now it does it constantly during my editing processes. What can be done
about it? I have to press Ctrl/Alt/Delete and End the Program. Thankfully
I'm saving my material to my external hard drive and not the computer!! My
computer is fast and is new (8 months old). Thanks.

Did you ever get a response? I am making short movies and having the same trouble. Not only is it slow, but it also crashes regularly. I have no idea what is wrong or what I need to do

Paul

Back