Movie Maker Crashes!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

For some reason when I attempt to add titles or effects into my video project, the movie maker program suddenly shuts down with no warning! I dont know what could be the problem. I tried reinstalling the program and the same thing happens. My computer is brand new and clean from any bad nonsense. Please help!!!

See the Problem Solving > Acceleration and Codecs page of www.papajohn.org
--
PapaJohn

Serencavalier said:
For some reason when I attempt to add titles or effects into my video
project, the movie maker program suddenly shuts down with no warning! I dont
know what could be the problem. I tried reinstalling the program and the
same thing happens. My computer is brand new and clean from any bad
nonsense. Please help!!!

If, like most new 'puter owners, you jumped on-line first thing, your 'puter is no longer a clean slate and now has all kinds of bad nonsense on it. Virus protection, firewalls, spam blockers etc. do little to keep the bad stuff out of your 'puter. After- the-fact clean up such as Adaware from LavaSoft (free) and others (free) do a good job but cannot remove stuff embedded in legit apps that cause conflicts when running or not because they monkey with settings and registry to make themselves run right at the expense of other apps. Programmers, gotta love 'em
Sincerely
digipi

----- Serencavalier wrote: ----

For some reason when I attempt to add titles or effects into my video project, the movie maker program suddenly shuts down with no warning! I dont know what could be the problem. I tried reinstalling the program and the same thing happens. My computer is brand new and clean from any bad nonsense. Please help!!!

When you drag transitions into your movie do 1 at a time and give you computer time to load it. I had the same problem

I have the same problem, I will insert a new transition or sound effect and the silly thing will crash. It gets annoying, and then even when I go to preview the movie, it crashes... I guess I could be working too fast for it, but my movie has become a hefty size now, and I dont want to have to start again or segment my movie just so I can finish it... If anyone has similar problems or suggestions, please post!

Back