movie maker 2 to DVD

• Thread starter Thread starter Kahty
  • Start date Start date
K

Kahty

I want to put my movie maker file on DVD so that family
members can watch it on their TV. Does it matter what
kind of DVD burner I have on my computer (i.e. + or -)
and what software will I need for it? I have a HP dvd200i
(DVD+) and the Sonic My DVD software. I tried to burn it
(I think it did), but it doesn't play on any of my DVD
players on the TV. Please help! Thanks!

I have the DVD Burner and software you have so maybe I can help. Did you try to preview your movie in My Sonic? If so did it look OK? When you went to "Make Disc" on the tool bar what did you select, Make DVD, Make CD or Make DVD to hard disk? When you thought it was done making the DVD did the DVD eject itself from the DVD burner? If it didn't then you probably made it to hard disk. Because it goes through all the same stuff as it does for burning a DVD (it even says DVD created successfully) but it puts it in the "My Documents" Video folder as the default setting. If that's not the problem than go to "File" in the tool bar and go down to preferences, on the general tab make sure "NTSC" is selected, on the "Hard Disk" tab you will see the folder where your video was saved and on the "Disk Recording " tab select "Enhanced Player Compatibility" This is slower but it reduces the chance of making bad disks. These are all default settings also. I hope you find your answer in here I tried to cover all the bases for you. Good Luck!

----- Kahty wrote: ----

I want to put my movie maker file on DVD so that family
members can watch it on their TV. Does it matter what
kind of DVD burner I have on my computer (i.e. + or -)
and what software will I need for it? I have a HP dvd200
(DVD+) and the Sonic My DVD software. I tried to burn it
(I think it did), but it doesn't play on any of my DVD
players on the TV. Please help! Thanks!

Back