Mouse Freezes :(

  • Start date Start date

PAUL

This is frustrating...

I recently formatted my harddrives and re-installed
Windows XP. Everything was working fine until my mouse
started freezing at random. It first happened during an
online game of Age Of Mythology. But it also happens
while playing the Campaign in AOM and also when I'm not
even playing the game at all. When it freezes the light
on the mouse is still on but the cursor won't move when i
move the mouse.

I made it so that Windows does not turn off the USB ports
to save energy but the problem still persits.

It is a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical 1.1A and I'm
pretty sure I have the latest driver for it (I have
5.1.2600.0)

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PAUL

I recently formatted my harddrives and re-installed
Windows XP. Everything was working fine until my mouse
started freezing at random.

Check out the following thread.
From: "Jason Bibeau"
Subject: USB Mouse Not Working After Running Win Update
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 10:03:54 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware

--
Howie
"The very belief that violence is unavoidable

Back
Top