MFC in Framework?

  • Start date Start date
No, MFC is really for native development, whereas the .NET Framework
includes its own Windows Forms packages.

You can redistribute the appropriate MFC & CRT DLLs with your app.

MFC will be incrementally enhanced in Whidbey, but most developers should
evaluate Windows Forms for new development.

MFC is not dead at all, it's still part of unmanaged VC++, whidbey includes
some enhancements.

Willy.

Alvin Bruney said:
MFC is dead.
It has been replaced by the framework.

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
Got tidbits? Get it here...
http://tinyurl.com/3he3b
Todd said:
Is MFC included in the .Net framework redist??? If not, how is it redistributed?

Todd

Correct, MFC is not dead but as Willy notes, it is for building unmanaged
C++ GUI applications. Given .NET and the CLR's obvious productivity
enhancements in writing reliable applications in a fraction of the time,
many people are choosing .NET and WinForms to do what MFC used to do. I know
I am (as a former 10+ year C++ vetran). Chris Sells and I wrote an MSDN
article way back on transitioning from MFC to .NET and Winforms if you are
interested:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...l/vctchWindowsFormsForManagedCProgrammers.asp

HTH
--
-----
Sam Gentile

Please do NOT contact me directly but respond to
the newsgroup instead.
---------

Todd said:
Is MFC included in the .Net framework redist??? If not, how is it redistributed?

Todd

oh yeah, i forgot about that. Sorry

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
Got tidbits? Get it here...
http://tinyurl.com/3he3b

Todd said:
Is MFC included in the .Net framework redist??? If not, how is it redistributed?

Todd

Thats ok ... just because we are MVP's doesn't mean we are any smarter
than anyone else ;-)

- Mitch Gallant
MVP Security
www.jensign.com

Alvin Bruney said:
MFC is dead.
It has been replaced by the framework.

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
Got tidbits? Get it here...
http://tinyurl.com/3he3b
Is MFC included in the .Net framework redist??? If not, how is it
redistributed?

Todd

So being an MVP doesn't mean anything? Why isn't everybody else an MVP then?

Jerry

Willy Denoyette said:
MFC is not dead at all, it's still part of unmanaged VC++, whidbey includes
some enhancements.

Willy.

MFC is dead.
It has been replaced by the framework.

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
Got tidbits? Get it here...
http://tinyurl.com/3he3b
Is MFC included in the .Net framework redist??? If not, how is it
redistributed?

Todd

because not everybody can take the punishment :-)

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
Got tidbits? Get it here...
http://tinyurl.com/3he3b

Alvin Bruney said:
oh yeah, i forgot about that. Sorry

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
Got tidbits? Get it here...
http://tinyurl.com/3he3b
MFC is not dead at all, it's still part of unmanaged VC++, whidbey
includes
some enhancements.

Willy.

MFC is dead.
It has been replaced by the framework.

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
Got tidbits? Get it here...
http://tinyurl.com/3he3b
Is MFC included in the .Net framework redist??? If not, how is it
redistributed?

Todd

Back
Top