merijn ?

  • Start date Start date

I haven't been able to access his site for about 4 days now. I've tried
various links through numerous sites. Anybody else having this problem?

Hi No@SpaM :-)
I haven't been able to access his site for about 4 days now. I've
tried various links through numerous sites. Anybody else having this
problem?

I could not get through either. But, his site may just be overwhelmed at the
moment, what with the release of the newest, and last, update for the
CWShredder yesterday, and his announced leave of absence for a while, there
may be a lot of folks trying to get through. You might try later in the
evening.

Jan :)

Thanks.

Jan Il said:
Hi No@SpaM :-)

I could not get through either. But, his site may just be overwhelmed at the
moment, what with the release of the newest, and last, update for the
CWShredder yesterday, and his announced leave of absence for a while, there
may be a lot of folks trying to get through. You might try later in the
evening.

Jan :)

Hi LuckyStrike :-)
YW... no problem. It's probably as Jan has said.

There was an article in the Register wrt his update of the CWShredder, and
it being his last for a while, as he has other important obligations at the
time, and just can't devote the time to this ongoing fight right now. So,
this may have spurred a lot of hits on the site today. I dunno. It's getting
*very* vicious out there.

CoolWebSearch is winning Trojan war
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/06/29/cws_shredder/

Jan :)

Yeah Jan, I had seen that. It's basically a copy and paste of his Q and A at
his site, and perhaps just a bit more extra speculation etc.

See if this works for you.
http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:qfdFBYoRvTcJ:www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/+&hl=en

C & P from it:
Q. When will CWShredder be updated again?
A. It won't be again, probably. I have a few bugs to fix, but after that
there's not much left to do - I simply do not have the tools to remove the
latest variants, they are too agressive or complicated to allow automated
removal by CWShredder.
--

LuckyStrike ;-)
(e-mail address removed)

How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Jan Il said:
Yeah ...it worked fine. Caught it late last night. Made me nervous. :/

Categorically:
Good ;-)
with David Letterman? ;-D
Huh? <scratching head>

Hello,

Thanks for your posting here.

I have tried to browse the Merijn.org site, and I am unable to access it,
either. It seems the site is down or encountering problems. There is no
problem with your client. Therefore, you may try to visit it later.

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards
Alan Sun
Microsoft Online Partner Support

|From: "No@SpaM" <[email protected]>
|Subject: Re: merijn ?
|Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 17:00:04 -0400
|Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
|
|Thanks.
|
||> Hi No@SpaM :-)
|>
|> > I haven't been able to access his site for about 4 days now. I've
|> > tried various links through numerous sites. Anybody else having
this
|> > problem?
|>
|> I could not get through either. But, his site may just be
overwhelmed at
|the
|> moment, what with the release of the newest, and last, update for
the
|> CWShredder yesterday, and his announced leave of absence for a
while,
|there
|> may be a lot of folks trying to get through. You might try later in
the
|> evening.
|>
|> Jan :)

Jan Il said:
Oh... you mean, the unusual URL. ;-) Yeah, I can see that as being
questionable. There was one for Doxdesk which is of the same nature that I
used to use because Doxdesks' main URL can be so sloooooow.
http://217.115.153.73/parasite/ <--- how's that for a spooky one? I'm not
sure if it is up and running any longer though, but it's hard to say as even
the main Doxdesk URL's are "page cannot be displayed" for at least one full
day now. (it might have been even longer.

BTW, have you seen this?
http://zerosrealm.com/index.php?page=dllfix

It's about the <res:// random .dll> thing. You're pretty on top of things so
I'd suppose you have already.

LS
------------------

LuckyStrike said:
http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:qfdFBYoRvTcJ:www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/+&hl=en
Oh... you mean, the unusual URL. ;-) Yeah, I can see that as being
questionable. There was one for Doxdesk which is of the same nature
that I used to use because Doxdesks' main URL can be so sloooooow.
http://217.115.153.73/parasite/ <--- how's that for a spooky one?
I'm not sure if it is up and running any longer though, but it's hard
to say as even the main Doxdesk URL's are "page cannot be displayed"
for at least one full day now. (it might have been even longer.

Try this one, it's supplied by Doxdesk as basically does the same thing. I
use them both
http://aumha.org/a/noads.htm
It's about the <res:// random .dll> thing. You're pretty on top of
things so I'd suppose you have already.

Yeah...that's what I meant when I said all the fine minds are falling behind
the crud. They can react fast enough any more. Scary........

Jan :)

Try this one, it's supplied by Doxdesk as basically does the same thing. I
use them both
http://aumha.org/a/noads.htm

Yeah.. thanks Jan. ;-) I know about Jims link with the Doxdesk / Andrew
Clover dealie, but the Doxdesk site itself has good links on the actual
pests. That's what has been down for the last while. :-\
Yeah...that's what I meant when I said all the fine minds are falling behind
the crud. They can react fast enough any more. Scary........

Yeppers... that is so. ;-| Going to have to dreate a new category of "jokes"
about the miscreant "types" which create this annoying, expensive, energy
consuming pestilence. They are in a league of their own (along with
attorneys, accountants, etc.)

LS ;-)
-----------------------

"

Agreed. I like that site too. I use them both. said:
Yeppers... that is so. ;-| Going to have to dreate a new category of
"jokes" about the miscreant "types" which create this annoying,
expensive, energy consuming pestilence. They are in a league of their
own (along with attorneys, accountants, etc.)

Aye...and groups far worse. I log them right up there with drug cartels.
Ruthless, merciless, relentless. They make their money off of human
suffering. Physical, mental, emotional, and in a good many cases,
financial. If it was just for kicks, that would be one thing, but, they are
dead serious, and that is what makes it harder to deal with. Their agenda
speaks for itself.:/

Jan :)

Agreed. I like that site too. I use them both. <g>

Well not today for Doxdesk. It's *still* being irksome. ;-| said:
Aye...and groups far worse. I log them right up there with drug cartels.
Ruthless, merciless, relentless. They make their money off of human
suffering. Physical, mental, emotional, and in a good many cases,
financial. If it was just for kicks, that would be one thing, but, they are
dead serious, and that is what makes it harder to deal with. Their agenda
speaks for itself.:/

Even if it were solely for the purpose of having a few "laffs", it still
consumes time, energy, $$, causes inefficiency, and everything else. PITA.
:-\\

There's lots to do....

LuckyStrike said:
in message

Even if it were solely for the purpose of having a few "laffs", it
still consumes time, energy, $$, causes inefficiency, and everything
else. PITA. :-\\

There's lots to do....

Too much in that regard. Too much.........

Jan :)

Back
Top