Memory Clean Up

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Dear All

Various applications leak memory producing bad operating system performance. Is there a way of clearing the contents of RAM from dotnet

Landley

How do you know they are leaking memory?
And what do you mean with bad OS performance, how do you measure OS
performance?

Willy.

Maybe "memory leak" was a bad term. If you, for example, open Microsoft Outlook and do nothing with anything on computer system. It slowly, but surely, uses more and more RAM for God knows what! I have seen this using an undisclosed software tool. There are other applications where I have seen this

The bad OS performance is a result of the 5MB RAM free from 512MB RAM due to these applications

Do you know of any API calls or namespaces where I can literally dump stuff from RAM if the source application is closed? It can be done, as I have seen something similar

----- Willy Denoyette [MVP] wrote: ----

How do you know they are leaking memory
performance

Willy

----- Landley wrote: ----

Maybe "memory leak" was a bad term. If you, for example, open Microsoft Outlook and do nothing with anything on computer system. It slowly, but surely, uses more and more RAM for God knows what! I have seen this using an undisclosed software tool. There are other applications where I have seen this

The bad OS performance is a result of the 5MB RAM free from 512MB RAM due to these applications

Do you know of any API calls or namespaces where I can literally dump stuff from RAM if the source application is closed? It can be done, as I have seen something similar

----- Willy Denoyette [MVP] wrote: ----

How do you know they are leaking memory
performance

Willy

Back