Maximized windows form inside parent form

developer

I have a form with a menu on the top. This menu show
another form.

I want to open this second form maximized inside the
parent form just below the menu of the parent form. (Like
Microsoft Word).

How do i do that ?

Thanks

Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]

developer,

You can probably set the WindowState property to Maximized before you
show the form, and it should appear maximized in your MDI frame.

Hope this helps.

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Hi ,

I think you want to make a MDI application in C#.

There are some steps to create a MDI application:
1) Create two Forms in your application(such as form1 and form2)
2) Set the form1's IsMdiContainer attribute to True
3) In the Menu's click event, set the form2 instance's MdiParent attribute
to form1 instance(such as this key word)

Then the form2 you showed out will appear the same as a MDI window.

Just like what Nicholas said, you can set the form2's WindowState attribute
to Maximized, then the form2
will fulfill the form1 after being showed out;.

Hope it helps.

Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support