"Maximized" IE window only takes up part of the screen

  • Start date Start date

Hello, when I try to maximize Internet Explorer, it only takes up about half
the screen. Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Hello,

What do you see on the other half of the screen? It might be your task bar
that is taking too much space. Try dragging to upper bound to reduce its
size.

Kind regards

Hans Le Roy
MS MVP Win/IE-OE

Thanks for replying. The other half of the screen is my desktop. So I don't
think it's not a problem w/ my task bar. The maximization trouble happened
after some spyware hijacked my IE window. I got rid of the spyware using
Spybot, but the window is still too small when maximized. Thanks again for
your help!

From: http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/offpos.htm

Remove any 'Auto-hide' option for the Windows taskbar and while the window
is maximized, resize the taskbar then return it to the desired size. This is
to try to make Windows re-calculate the window size and boundaries.

If no joy, run regedit and remove these registry key values:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\window_placement

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Desktop\OldWorkAreas\OldWorkAreaRects

Then reboot.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com