making a cartoon

  • Start date Start date

Hello...I want to make a short cartoon using Windows Movie Maker...but
nowhere I turn too seems to tell me how. How can I make a cartoon using
Windows Movie Maker?

Making a cartoon on Windows Movie Maker said:
Hello...I want to make a short cartoon using Windows Movie Maker...but
nowhere I turn too seems to tell me how. How can I make a cartoon using
Windows Movie Maker?

so what sort of cartoon are you making?

Are you looking to use movie maker to do the compositing of scanned images
or are you looking to use it to do the drawing of the animation frames. It
was designed to work with existing images and video footage.

versonova

A quality movie has about 30 pictures per second appearing on the screen
(frame rate) while a less quality video (not as smooth motion) will have
about 15 pictures per second. I don't believe that the "frame rate" of WMM
can be set to 1/30th or even 1/15th of a second. The slowest that I have
been able to get it to go is 0.13 minutes duration (about 1/4th second) per
picture. You would need a program to reduce the duration of a picture much
more than I believe you can do in WMM. (If others know of a way to do this
in WMM please respond.)

I was able to accomplish this in Ulead's Video Studio (all way down to
1/60th second each image) but not Video Wave by Roxio (now owned by Sonic).

You would need to create each picture (remember 15-30 per second of video)
using a graphic program similar to Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop with each
picture showing the small motion of the "characters" and then import those
pictures into a video creating program that can put them in a video. Again
the only one that I have that was able to go near the proper frame rate was
Video Studio.

There are other programs out there to do what you want but they have a
tendency to be much more expensive that the "low budget" method I have
specified.

"Making a cartoon on Windows Movie Maker" <Making a cartoon on Windows Movie
news:D[email protected]...

save a movie in Movie Maker with each picture showing for 1 second, and then
bring it in as a single clip and apply a custom xml speedup rate of 30x and
you'll have 30 frames per second...

the custom xml is just a tweak of the xml file on my Edit Movies > Video >
Reverse Effect page.. see the info for method 2

Thanks, P..J.., shame that WMM won't go "fast" enough as a default. Would
save the OP a lot of time and effort.

I take it from what you said that if the OP wanted 15 frames per second that
would do a speedup rate of 15x?

no, the speedup rate depends on what setting you have for the picture
duration as they go on the timeline. The speedup factor depends on your
setting and the frames per second you want out of the project.

Back
Top